What's Your Biggest Issue In Life?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

A pox on you, Minimus, for being so nakedly cruel.

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

boooohooooo

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    "Worldly" friends and acquaintances my age and older are talking about retirement but I know that I'll never retire. I'll work till I die. I just hope I'm healthy enough to be able to keep working. Who knows what I'll do if my health fails and I can't work...

Ditto. Problem is my health already sucks. In 20 years I'll be the old bastard begging for change as I'm sitting on the sidewalk because I can't afford a wheelchair.

W

• minimus
    minimus

It's sad to see how many exjws have nothing!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I'm with steve2 - maintaining mindfullness in this moment, without fear or withholding.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Im changing my major to Art History, so my big issue is...will I like this career field & will it pay off enough to recoup all the $$ it is taking to go to university????

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS and UNDERCOVER,

My concerns are what you both mentioned - health and economy. But, as far as working for the rest of ones life and hoping to be healthy enough to do it: a failing economy will take that option away if the job is lost - no matter how hard you are willing to work.

It is also sad that many ex-JWs have nothing because the religion told them not to plan for the future - and they believed it. While I didn't entirely buy it and I saved something, I certainly don't have what I should have. In that respect, many non-JWs (but not all) are somewhat ahead of the game because at least they did some planning and have some assets set aside.

• minimus
    minimus

Most "worldlings" have lost tons of retirement funds because of this economy.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Lack of a sex life. I should probably be alot more worried about other things, oh well.

• minimus
    minimus

Well, do somethin' about it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit