Maybe you all could give me some suggestions.

by MrFreeze 23 Replies latest social physical

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Okay here's the deal. I just started a new job. Although I've been working at this place for half a year now, they just now within the last month made me a full-time employee. I was temping for them before. Although it's great I have a job, they won't offer me any health benefits until November of this year. That really frustrates me. I have no health insurance and since I'm working, I can't apply for any government programs.

Lately I've been having stomach problems. Every morning I wake up feeling nauseous. Sometimes I do actually throw up. You can see how that would make life miserable. Then through different times throughout the day I get the nausea thing going again. Only, I never actually throw up. I've been taking Pepcid AC and drinking Aloe Vera juice. It seems to have helped a little bit but I still get the nausea. Sometimes I get it after eating too, but it doesn't seem like any particular food triggers it. Also, when I do rigorous activity I get very nauseous. For instance, I play street hockey every week and I get very sick when playing. It doesn't have anything to do with dehyrdation because I drink plenty of water and gatorade.

So here is my dilemma. I don't have money to see a doctor to get tests run and things like that. I don't have insurance yet either. Does anybody have any ideas one what I should do? Do you know of any programs or anything like that that can help me? Do you know what my stomach issue might be? I'd really love to see a doctor but I don't know if that's possible.

Yeah I know it seems kind of pathetic coming onto a forum for a question like this but hey, I'm looking for any help I can get.

• Scully
    Scully

Try knocking off the aloe vera juice. One of its less proclaimed nefarious uses is to induce diarrhea and stomach upset.

I'd go with ginger or dramamine to calm your nausea. Some people swear by *cough* inhaled TCH *cough* for severe nausea - some folks use it to calm the nausea they get from chemotherapy. But you didn't hear that from me because your company may do drug testing prior to your benefits becoming active.

Does your company have an occupational health department that you could utilize until your benefits kick in?

Nausea is such a vague symptom - they could run tons of tests that show "normal" results, and still wouldn't explain your nausea.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Depending on where you live there might be a free clinic close by. Close to where I live St Vincent De Paul has a free clinic every Wednesday morning. Also my county has a clinic which gives services on a sliding fee scale. You might find something in your area with a little research.

• asilentone
    asilentone

take ginger tea regularly or ginger ale. try it and see how it works for you.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Actually I know for a fact the Aloe Vera juice isn't the issue. It was even worse before I started drinking it. I've tried ginger ale and ginger tea. It really hasn't helped either. Peppermint tea hasn't worked either. I don't believe my company does have an occupational health clinic. I'll see if maybe there is a free clinic in my area.

This just really sucks. Things finally seemed to be working out for me and all the sudden, bam terrible stomach issues. Oh well, what are you gonna do?

• asilentone
    asilentone

you can buy ginger vitamins at your local health store, take them with you throughout the day and you can drink them with water.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Mr Freeze, buy the healthy healing book by Linda Page and it tells you what not to eat and what to eat, what supplements to take for every illness imaginable, etc...

• asilentone
    asilentone

You could go to your local health food store that sells vitamins, tell them your problem and they might offer you some good suggestions.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Making the symptoms ease up is nice, for sure, but there's obviously some kind of problem that needs addressed. I might try the ginger vitamins for now and see how much they help.

• Scully
    Scully

How is your stress level since starting to work full time?

Maybe the financial stress is improving, but is working full time creating stress in other areas of your life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit