Maybe you all could give me some suggestions.

by MrFreeze 23 Replies latest social physical

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yeah I thought about stress too. I've never been very stressed in my life so I don't necassarily know to what extent I am experiencing stress or how it's actually affecting me. I've worked full time before and never had this kind of problem.

I do appreciate the suggestions.

• Scully
    Scully

By your alias, I'm assuming that you are indeed a "Mister", otherwise I'd suggest a pregnancy test.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Haha, yeah that was the joke I kept using at the office. "I must be pregnant". And of course when I put in my facebook status about my stomach issues, people always respond with the "awww are you expecting?"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Keep a detailed log of your activity level, your eating habits, and the episodes you're experiencing. It might reveal a pattern and help to determine what might be setting off the symptoms as well as aid your doctor in diagnosing the problem. If you can't afford a doctor right now, eliminate unnecessary expenses such as cable TV, internet, and eating out. These costs add up and not nearly as important as your health.

W

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Thanks Finally-Free thats a really good suggestion. As regards those other things, unfortunately I would normally have the money but necassary costs as well as unexpected costs such as car repairs and other things have come up and I just don't currently have the money. Normally I would.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Perhaps the environment you're working in is causing the nausea? Could be something as simple as smells. Or perhaps the aircon/heating vents. I would take a guess at it being environmental. Maybe you could keep a diary and eliminate things one by one, see if that helps. Maybe take a walk during your lunch break, see if the fresh air helps?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It's actually when I wake up that I experience the worst of it so I doubt it's that.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Ypu could try changing your diet- eating only fruit for a while, or yoghurt, or just food completely differetnt from what you eat now.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Do you leave a good few hours between eating your last meal and going to bed? With you saying you're worse in the morning when you get up, maybe you're not giving your evening meal enough time to digest beyond your stomach? Scully may know the right answer - I think they suggest at least 3 hours before going to bed.

Strangely, the opposite might be true too - if you're leaving too long between your last meal and breakfast, your blood sugars might be dropping too low, make your last meal a slow release carbohydrate rich one, as this will help keep your blood sugars more stable through the night.

Now, daft as it sounds, you might also be subconciously stressing about feeling sick too! Which won't help - try self-talking yourself into not being/feeling sick, occupy your mind with something else.

as others said, ginger is really good for nausea. If you can, try and get hold of some 'stem ginger' (it might be called something different where you are!) I think its caramelised or softened ginger root - so it gives you something to chew on rather than just swallowing staraight down - gives the whole of your digestive system, including your salivary glands a kick start :)

Another thing to try is a copper studded pressure point bracelet - often used by expectant mothers suffering morning sickness! Not sure about how effective these are though.

Hope that the answers/suggestions on this thread will help and that you feel well soon :)

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Just a thought ...make sure you have no gas leaks in your home...?

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit