As a Woman Have your Attitudes Towards Men Changed After Exiting JW's ?

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Not much has changed in our marriage since we exited, although I don't feel guilty about it anymore. You see neither one of believed in the headship bull crap. We always made decisions together, I never played dumb wish washy passive girl and he never pulled the family head card on me. I always worked and we put each other through school. However, I used to feel guilty about it , now I realize it was healthy. I never had a desire to stay home everyday or to pioneer, I liked working. My husband never did encourage me to pioneer, I think he liked the extra money and the dimension to my personality it added.

Now that I can stand back and look at most of the men"in the truth" they a bunch of real jerks. I don't think they were born that way this organization just breeds them.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Flipper, present company excluded of course! NMKA

• wiser
    wiser

How sad that too few people don't know Gods view on how to treat each other in marriage.

• Zapper_1
    Zapper_1

I don't know about others, Mrs. Jones, but I sure miss seeing you an Yahoo.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    How sad that too few people don't know Gods view on how to treat each other in marriage.

Really? How many times has he been married?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't know about others, Mrs. Jones, but I sure miss seeing you an Yahoo.

??? Zapper, did you have another name on Yahoo?

I miss Yahoo too. Good times, good times...
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

My friend having to change an attitude that was engrained by religion, family, culture, country and society is very very difficult.

My take is now: Women and men have the same value as human beings and individuals, in family and in any regards. This goes against all of what I said above and against my own automatic behavior and reactions. But at least I am now aware of it.

However I like seeing women as object of my sexual desires and I dont mind being theirs :-)

• flipper
    flipper

NO MORE KOOL AID- That is fabulous you and your husband have a great marriage and did as witnesses as well ! Good for you . It shows the mind control tactics of the WT organization didn't affect your relationship as man & wife. In my 1st marriage- I wasn't as lucky. Though being married 19 years to a JW woman - I still was expected to " reach out " for elder position and after 10 yrs. of marriage when THAT didn't happen- I think she emotionally and mentally checked out of the marriage. But, that's O.K. - I never would have met my present wife- Mrs. Flipper ! So all things work out eventually ! And I know you didn't include me with those other chauvinistic JW men ! No harm done ! LOL !

WISER- Very true. Witnesses may have KNOWN and HEARD how to have a good marriage - but didn't apply it.

ZAPPER_1- Good to see you here . Hope to see you more !

TWITCH- I think if God had ever married- he'd have an ego problem with his busy schedule. Allegedly. He's kept His alleged " bride " waiting too many years by now. I think she's having a fling with God's enemy Satan the Devil ! LOL !

MRS> JONES- You know Zapper ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Twitch
    Twitch
    TWITCH- I think if God had ever married- he'd have an ego problem with his busy schedule. Allegedly. He's kept His alleged " bride " waiting too many years by now. I think she's having a fling with God's enemy Satan the Devil ! LOL !

Yea, I recall something about him being engaged but I'm not sure what he's waiting for,....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi Flipper, good thread!

Scully,

I relate to your post in many ways, except for the fact that I never married. Never mind, I was STILL criticized (as you say mostly by JW women) because I work for a living. I certainly was not going to follow in the footsteps of other foolish single women in the religion! I feel that some of these older married JW women felt inferior because I work as opposed to them pioneering. One of them once engaged me in the verbal equivalent of a pissing contest because she felt that them pioneering was equal to my working full time. No way baby! There is no comparison.

What is particularly hypocritical and sickening is that these women were married and had a man supporting them! Where the hell did they get off telling me I shouldn't work??? Meanwhile, these are the same women who had 'issues' over single women and made trouble for those with a good figure and they instigated brothers to give talks about modesty in dress - all because THEY had a problem. Not to mention that these women are the ones who regularly targeted single women to do favors. Real users they are! I really despise these women and I do not forgive and certainly will never forget.

My so-called 'worldly' parents likewise raised me to be an indepenent self-reliant adult and my father feels I am an underachiever. If I had pursued poverty and been a doormat like the JWs wished, I would have been destroyed!

I never bought into the religion's 'headship' arrangement since it didn't apply to me. I feed and clothe myself and provide my own roof over my head. These men aren't supporting me. I am my own 'head'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit