Bought a few books at the library

by mrsjones5 23 Replies latest jw friends

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Alright! That's how I got my Proclaimers Book.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

That's what I figured, a donation they didn't want to keep. Libraries get many donated books from estates, people who don't want them, etc. The library here has used book sales several time a year, raising funds by selling off duplicates and items they don't have enough shelf space to hold.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

For all the constant insistence by them that 'this pub or that one' are among the largest number ever distributed in history, one does not come across them that often. Hmmmmm

Jeff

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Burn before reading. NMKA

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I love Library book sales! The first "apostate" book I ever purchased was at a library sale. I bought "The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses" by the Bottings. I actually bought it because I wanted to prevent worldly people from reading critical things about the society. I was still a jw at the time. I had planned to throw it out... but somehow I didn't. It sat on the shelf for a very long time. When I finally started reading it, it proved to be a very informative resource for me.

Coffee

• I quit!
    I quit!

And what's really cool is your library got the money from your purchase, not the Watchtower.

Were they in the fiction or horror section?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Burn before reading. NMKA

Burning Watchtower literature is very satisfying. But the WT literature pages don't burn that well. You need a good base fire going and you need to tear the pages. Trust me, I know.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    My daughter was with me and asked why did I buy the jw books and I replied to prevent anyone else from buying them.

A good idea. I remember seeing a WT publication at a used book store and wanting to buy it for the same reason. I just couldn't bear to be seen buying it.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Coffee black, that would make a great demon story for dubs to discuss on stormy nights. Witness buys apostate book so no one will get mislead by it. She takes it home and put it on a shelf not knowing that it is possessed by demons and becomes a raving apostate. Maybe even a raving drooling apostate.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"I buy these books when I see them and save them because JDubs won't believe ANYTHING unless they see it in their own literature..."

What St Ann said...

I've purchased more JW literature since I started posting on this board, than I EVER did as a reluctant JW... I listed my inventory elsewhere, but I've got books dating back to 1908, including a 1920's version of "Studies in the Scriptures" with the ORIGINAL "Pyramid chart" still intact...

Unfortunately, the 1908 version has had that ripped out...

So, eventually I'll go thru these books, and probably post the little "jewels" that I find therein... Doctrine changes, bizarre teachings no longer taught, etc...

It will be like a spooky "treasure hunt"!! Maybe I should do it around Halloween, in honor of C.T. Russell's death...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit