Bought a few books at the library

by mrsjones5 23 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

and two of the books are wt pubs, The Secret of Family Happiness for .50 cents and What Does the Bible Really Teach for .25 cents.

My daughter was with me and asked why did I buy the jw books and I replied to prevent anyone else from buying them. She then asked what was I going to do with the books and I said I would keep them for a little while and then dispose of them.

Don't worry she didn't ask to see the books and I intend on making them unavailable for all of my kids.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I volunteer at our library bookstore - haven't yet seen any WTS pubs but I would've done the same thing, mrsjones.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Josie, I buy these books when I see them and save them because JDubs won't believe ANYTHING unless they see it in their own literature.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'd save them up, and have a marshmellow roast!

Or at least a little fire!

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You got a bargain mrsjones. I bought ten WTS books recently from a charity shop for a dollar each, the money going to the local hospital. They are absolutely worthless- I still can't believe we studied the Live forever book.

• Gregor
    Gregor

As I recall, every time I've ever seen WT books in used book stores they are prestine, never been cracked. Booger free.

• wasblind
    wasblind

HI Mrs Jones,

i'm surprised they had them at your library, if we had any here they were probably checked out by a JW and never returned. Theocratic warfare i guess. The few i have left i use them for warfare myself, it's like StAnn said seein' is believin' even though it might not change their thought pattern.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

i'm surprised they had them at your library

I was surprized to see them too. I had hid them on top of a stack behind a sign and every time I saw that stack I would think about those books and wonder if they were still there. Today was the first time I saw them again. My library is having a book sale, 2 for 1, so I thought it was a good time to get them.

Oh, and most of the books and magazines for sale have been donated to the library, so I'm quite sure that's how the jw books got there.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Aren't you afraid of bringing Demons into your house with those things ??

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hahaha, I don't have a fear of demons. I have a book about spells and another about on how to be a hearth witch, nothing freaky has happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit