I need to vent.

by EmptyInside 20 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Hi All,

I needed to post here to vent. Because, the person I really want to give a piece of my mind to is an elder and my, sometimes, self-righteous brother. Twice in my presence, he brought up cases of sisters marrying unbelievers and how they should be "marked" because of marrying outside the "truth".

But, guess what, a member of his wife's family married an elder who threatened her life and is controlling and verbally abusive. I just want to say well at least she married an elder and isn't marked. huh. There are so many cases of even older sisters marrying so-called brothers and it turns out to be a disaster. And I know of sisters who married unbelievers who are good men.

I know what it's like to be a single sister and feeling undesirable and untouchable. Why punish someone just because she found someone to love. It's another case of technical hypocrisy.

I know a pedophile who just got reinstated. Is he being marked in anyway? He should be. He is a danger to all the little girls in the hall he attends. But a lonely, sister who finally found happiness by marrying a "worldy" man, what kind of danger is she to anyone. I guess they just want to make an example out of her , so other sisters don't get any ideas for living their own life.

Okay, thanks, rant over. Feel better.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Venting is cool............ you have lots to vent about.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Find you a good guy and don't worry about what they think. You always seem nice, so shouldn't be a problem. Don't let the JW's ruin your life.

Think About It

• StAnn
    StAnn

EI, it's all about control. If the JWs are going to marry, the Borg wants them to marry another JW so there's someone to rat them out if they dare think for themselves.

Everything about the Borg comes back to two things: money and control.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

they're 'nucking futs' as a good friend of mine likes to say . . .

• BANE
    BANE

Yeah, because the bible couldn´t POSSIBLY have anything to do with it huh? So here is yet another biblical smackdown. It´s getting so easy to expose you guys nowadays...

Sending

Away Pagan Wives. Before the Israelites entered the Promised Land, they were told to form no marriage alliances with its pagan inhabitants. (De 7:3, 4) Nonetheless, in the days of Ezra, the Jews had taken foreign wives, and in prayer to God, Ezra acknowledged their guiltiness in this matter. In response to his urging and in acknowledgment of their error, the men of Israel who had taken foreign wives sent them away “along with sons.”—Ezr 9:10–10:44.

However, Christians, coming from all different nations (Mt 28:19), were not to divorce mates who were not worshipers of Jehovah, nor was it even desirable for them to separate from such marriage partners, as Paul’s inspired counsel shows. (1Co 7:10-28) Yet, when it came to contracting a new marriage, Christians were counseled to marry “only in the Lord.”—1Co 7:39.

So it IS biblical. Stop freaking lying and saying that witnesses made this up for crying out loud!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Bane, when I married my husband, he was Lutheran and I was Episcopalian. Unevenly yoked? We were both Christians. The Bible says to marry only in the Lord, meaning only to marry another Christian. It never says JDubs can only marry other JDubs. I would imagine that, so long as a JDub marries a member of a similar cult, it would be okay.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

That's a good one sweet pea.

Think About It, thanks, I'm working on starting to live my own life.

BANE- I know the scriptural reasons. But, just as Jesus showed compassion to the woman who had the flow of blood for 12 years, maybe, they should take it all case by case, and show some compassion. If it's so bad, why isn't it a disfellowshipping case.

Plus, can't someone get removed from being a pioneer if they post on apostate boards?

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Bane SUCKS........................his thumb!!

Hey BANE, SHUT THE.......................................font door!!

Speaking of self-righteous (fill-in the blank).

Oh and as far as EmptyInside, I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. Keep venting! It always feels good! And this is a great place. Avoid the self-righteous (cough, cough) while you are at it.

CoC

• today
    today
    So here is yet another biblical smackdown.

Bane I just posted that I thought you were funny on another thread but this is quite aggressive. Why the hostility when someone is expressing the need to let off some steam and with good reason?

EmptyInside it's unfair but don't let it get to you too much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit