I need to vent.

by EmptyInside 20 Replies latest jw friends

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

I pray for you BANE that God helps you to open your eyes and grasp the true meaning of 'GRACE' which the JW's have not grasped.

Always remember mercy, humility and love. 'Hosea 6 v 6 for I desire mercy not sacrifice, and acknowledgement of God rather than burnt offerings. 'Luke 6 v 36 Be merciful, just as your father is merciful. NIV

With kindness and gentleness, '2Peter 1 v 6-9 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness and to goodness, knowledge, and to knowledge, selfcontrol,perseverance and to persaverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness and to brotherly kindness, love. for if you posess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your kowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. but if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from passed sins.

RosePetal

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Empty inside I am sorry you are experiencing such selfrighteousness so called fellow Christians. I agree with St.Ann this was an excellent comment.

RosePetal

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"Marked" is something a dog does to car tires.

I think it's so disgusting that they even use such a word.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Bane - engage your brain please.

The marry only in the Lord section of scripture is prefaced by Paul saying twice, once in verse 12 "to the rest I say, I NOT the Lord...", and once in verse 25 "I have no command from the Lord". So Paul explicitly says this passage is his personal judgement based on his life.

The Society then takes the self confessed uninspired opinion of a confirmed batchelor and works up a watchtower talmud of procedures about a sister marrying a non-JW - she is to be marked, her family may lose their 'priveledges' if they attend the wedding.

What I think we all can agree on is that the Bible - Paul himself, apparently, says in 1 Timothy 4 that "forbidding to marry" is a "teaching of demons". Incidentally he says this is what "the Spirit says".

When you consider the ratio of women/men in the society is about 60/40, this means the society is de facto forbidding to marry 2 sisters in every 10 - not even allowing for the brothers who "stay single for the lord". Of 7 million witnesses this equaltes to about 840,000 women who have no chance of finding a "witness mate". Even if only half of those want to get married, that's almost half a million women denied a marriage relationship - if they follow the direction of a self-appointed religious organisation who have codified the 2000 year old personal opinion of a pharisaic single man.

Nb - Doesn't the Bible indicate God once saved his people by a believer marrying a pagan? Remember Esther?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Hypocrisy is stock in trade for the WT.

Pedophiles get a pass, but marrying out ot the 'troof' will get you at least partially shunned.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The JW religion is so ridiculous. But, it only has as much power over you as you give it.

Just think........a woman can marry a douchebag Dub when she is young and she later in life can find out he is a pedophile or he runs off with a younger JW woman. The sister now although still attractive is older and most eligible JW men her age are looking for the younger girls. Her chances of finding a mate to love & support her are diminished in Dubland. If she listens to the elders to not find a mate outside of the org........more than likely, she is figuratively screwed. A good person outside of the org. would be better than a douche inside.

Think About It

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    they're 'nucking futs' as a good friend of mine likes to say . . .

You and me might have the same friend. lol

• I quit!
    I quit!

Of course they would rather have a single woman marry a pedo or wife beater loyal to the organization than some who might draw her away from the spiritual paradise (their words not mine). They need her to move magazines.

I love the way cults like to use select scriptures from the Bible to try to give themselves the authority to control people. If Colossians were referring to the marrying only in the Watchtower it would have said something like "marry only in the satan inspired mind control cult.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

lol I quit- well said

I can speak from experience in marrying a JW douche bag which damaged me psychologically, and now with a completely sane non-JW who is trying to heal me and take care of me....

Months back when I was talking with Coffee Shop Guy about my family JW history, he remarked on how many women in my family married non-JW men (my mom, 3 aunts, cousins) and I know you guys are right about the men-women ratio, many depressed women are in the Borg and they are beautiful women who cannot find a decent mate....they age & then when they hit the mid-twenties all the single brothers only want 18-19year olds (who are "spiritual" of course) and they feel like rejected spinsters in the prime of life...

so sad

CHG

• flipper
    flipper

EMPTYINSIDE- Sorry to hear about the stresses you are feeling. One thing you should know is that in the witnesses - the same rules don't apply to elders and their families as they do to rank and file members of the congregation. It's unfair, but hey- they're a cult. Cults are unfair- don't play by the " rules ". It shows just HOW insane the WT society is when they would rather a single JW female marries a " approved " JW pedophile instead of a good, morally clean, upstanding non-witness man. Iv'e said it before, I'll say it the rest of my life - WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses views are totally insane. Hang in there kiddo, you'll make it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit