If you were in the Governing Body, how would YOU change the generation prophecy?

by sabastious 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Finger
    The Finger

Titus,

Disappointed Gerrit Loesch maybe, but some people changed their lives basis on this rubbish at great cost to them and their families.

• Titus
    Titus

Yes, I know that. His words are.... maybe true, they were disappointed, but I think he really doesn't understand consequences of that fiasco, and impact on lives of many faithful people. That was the first time I realized Gerrit lost his connection with reality.

I asked a sister who sat near me: "Is he trying to apologize for 1975-fiasco now??" She looked at me and said: "What? You sound like an apostate! Never say something like that again!"

But, he really said that. I am sorry my sister, but that's what he tried to do...

• The Finger
    The Finger

Titus,

If people take a position of such responsiblity then they should realise the consequences. There is no excuse.

• Titus
    Titus

They should!

• The Finger
    The Finger

Titus,

I like the witnesses. I feel sorry for where they are spiritually.

• Titus
    Titus

I think they should open their eyes more. Everybody listened what Gerrit spoke. He was apologizing for 1975-fiasco. I don't understand them! Were they deaf? Blind? When I asked that ("Is he trying to apologize for 1975-fiasco now??) I used his words. He said that. And, I asked that only 3 or 4 seconds after that. But nobody understood what is he talking about, although he was clear about that.

That's incredible.

• designs
    designs

Titus

Introspection and reflection are difficult for the friends. They are told to shut down any critical thinking 99% of the time so when they hear someone like Garrett make such a comment they are not equiped to handle and filter it.

Sad really.

• Titus
    Titus

If I were in the Governing Body I would openly admit ALL errors of the Organization.

I think that faithful Witnesses, and even most apostates would appreciate that!

• Titus
    Titus

And I am sure Jehovah would bless that!

• The Finger
    The Finger

Titus,

A few weeks ago I had an elder visit, I'd known him for 20years or so. I asked him about the generation change and he started to talk about 1975 and how people were selfish and thought of a date and run up debts etc. Trying to make it sound as if the viewpoint of the generation we had held for years was a selfish one. He left my house with a different understanding. His masters are to blame for his ignorance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit