If you were in the Governing Body, how would YOU change the generation prophecy?

by sabastious 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

I personally would lose the overlapping terminology and just say that the Generation refers to the entire Jehovah's Witness Movement. Jesus is basically saying that the movement would not be gone when End comes to fruition. This will give us hope during the Great Tribulation because there will be times when our extermination seems imminent.

What about you?

-Sab

• pirata
    pirata

What I'd put forward:

It is a literal generation that has not yet seen the signs that will mark the end of this system. When we do, we'll know. In the meantime imitate Jesus and do his work. Don't worry if the "end" is tomorrow or even in your lifetime. The time factor should not affect your love for God.

• blondie
    blondie

Can one person on the GB change anything?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`d make up whatever BullShit I wanted..

And..

Throw anyone out,who questioned my authority..

Oops..

The WBT$ already does that..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Titus
    Titus

I would never change the prophecy. The only thing I could change is the interpretation of that.... prophecy... or statement.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I think they need to close the doors, pack everything up, go home, this particular game has been going on for 130 years. If they are God's Organization, he won't let it happen.

• flipper
    flipper

SABASTIOUS- If I were in the Governing Body - I'd tell the other GB members that a memo needs to be sent to ALL Jehovah's Witness congregations and admit we've been bull$hitting them for 130 years and be honest and come clean that we were scamming and duping them with false hopes. And admit that a generation is really only 30 years long- like the dictionary says. Then return all their donations $$$ and turn ourselves into the police authorities and assist them in handcuffing us and stick us in prison. THAT is what SHOULD happen

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Bible prophecy is showing me that the objects of everyones confidence, especially when misplaced, are going to be DESTROYED during the GT. When the WT Org is done away with, along w/ the others, vs the claim they are last after the rest of the world, should expose as being false, but we'll see.

• TD
    TD

"Some aspects of the Olivet (Okay, JW's don't call it that..) have applicability only in the 1st century. Examples include Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies and fleeing to the mountains of Judea. Other aspects clearly apply to our day. Evidently Jesus words at Matthew 24:34 were intended primarily for his 1st century listeners."

• villabolo
    villabolo

WHY THE CACA SHOULD WE PERPETUATE THAT SICK GAME?

VILLABOLO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit