If you were in the Governing Body, how would YOU change the generation prophecy?

by sabastious 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

I would issue this statement:

"Dear Jehovah's Witnesses:

Evidently (meaning actually applying the evidence available) we have no idea what we're talking about. You are now free to think whatever you want. If feel like writing it down and sending it to us we might publish it in a future Watchtower. After all, you're opinion is just as good as anybody else's, including ours.

GB"

• sabastious
    sabastious

guuuyyysss! you arn't playing right!

• flipper
    flipper

We might not be playing right- but we're being honest. Something you won't get from the WT society

• glenster
  • moshe
    moshe

JW's don't care if this 1914 generation BS is logical, all they care about is that their leaders continue to that tell them they have the truth and that the SS WackTower is sailing on course and everyone will eventually make it to paradise.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I would issue a sincere apology to all witnesses and their families who have lost/wasted their lives deceived by the 'generation' teachings and I would admit that noone knows the time ....

Loz x

• designs
    designs

Let it run its course. Theories and hypothesies need to be tested and if they fall flat the results speak for themselves. That's what happened with Fred Franz's 1975 theory, it fell flat and hundred's of thousands of Witnesses left. They have a 50% turnover now.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"A generation" refers to those alive when Jesus spoke those words. That was in 33 AD, and it refers strictly to the end of the Jewish system of things in 70. That was a wait of 37 years, and quite a few that were alive to hear those words in 33 were also alive to see 70.

Then again, it would be hard to hold the religion together if I were to run it with fully integrated honesty. Quite a few would defect (mostly those in it for the power), and there would be some that were in it mindlessly that would accept whatever I put out (even if it was fully honest). But, after the fallout, the paradigm would attract more decent people (not those pedophiles and baby killers/eaters). And, it would be able to stand up against those who study independently or that want open discussion--fully integrated honesty is pretty difficult to knock down with "apostates". True, you would not recognize the religion after I was finished with it. But, from that point on, it would be pretty much apostate-proof.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    guuuyyysss! you arn't playing right!

I would return to old light as brighter light and stick with "this generation" as being the "faithful and discreet slave [class]" and focus on scriptures such as 2 Tim 3:1-5 and Romans 13:11-12 and 2 Tim 4:1-5. Emphasis on the season and the urgency. For those who cool down because of the lack of an imminent near date I would emphasize how sad it is but they have been weeded out and were not of our sort with James 2:18-19. Let the chips fall where they may. If numbers go down, then refer to Matt 24:12,13 - love of the greater number cooling off and how important for us to endure.

• designs
    designs

wannabe-

They already have returned to 'Old Light', this Generation change is the solution the Bible Students came up with in 1919.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit