The Elder Situation

by metatron 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

It may be true that many have seen the Watchtower for what it is, but, let us remember that we were once like those that are still in.

I would not denigrate those that are still in. Some may still be in it for the glory, however, I believe that most of the elderly and most of the rank and file are where we were when we were still in, captives of an illusion.

When we were in when others were getting out back in the 70's, 80's 90's etc. we would have liked it if they denigrated us for still being in.

In time we found our way out, hopefully we can help many more to get out too.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    All the good guys are dead or have simply left. Now, only the dumbest of the dumb, remain.

My brother said at Bethel they had a saying: Scum, not cream, rose to the top.

P

• book
    book

There are zealous "puretan" who believe they are doing good by actively asserting their idealistic principles. They claim their practical principles are from the Bible, and everyone else should follow their lead.

Those not like them are suspected of having moral issues, or lacking. Unfortunately, some leaders - the pioneers have done harm to the congregations I know. They have plenty of time spent in preaching. But I'm sure some of this time has been used for harmful meddling and harmful gossip - while traveling, in breaks and in non-study discussions. My family and marriage was broken because of this. Mine is just history repeating.

What holds these leaders accountable???

• yesidid
    yesidid
    What holds these leaders accountable???

Nothing and no one, therein lies the root of the problem

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

But I'm sure some of this time has been used for harmful meddling and harmful gossip....My family and marriage was broken because of this. Mine is just history repeating.

I lost my marriage this way too. In my case it was harmful meddling by the elders that distroyed my marriage.

HQ

• flipper
    flipper

Good points Metatron. And of course this goes right along with two-thirds or 66 % of JW's 18-35 yrs.old who are born-ins leave the cult in that age bracket. Keep demanding the moon & stars of your members and be even MORE controlling of their lives WT society- you'll drive even MORE of them away ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• moshe
    moshe

Elders should stay out of family counseling as they have no professional training.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Today's WT article was all about 'reaching out' to be a MS or Elder.

They are struggling to fill the vacancies!

Can't wait for Blondies comments on this article

George

• ziddina
    ziddina

"My brother said at Bethel they had a saying: Scum, not cream, rose to the top..."

Ho, ho, Pistoff!!! They would be in a position to know!!!

And of course, we're all VERY aware that the Governing Body is at the tippy-top.... Heh, heh... Must be all scum, up there...

Zid

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hence today's WT study..... It is noticeable around here that the M/S's are mature in age, the type of steady but limited bro's who are going nowhere, and elders are all silver haired elderly men

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit