Got a DC invite in my door last week!

by Coffee House Girl 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• yellow
    yellow

I politely wrote and requested that I received no WT literature of any description after receiving an invite to the memorial.

Two weeks ago my dad received an invite to the D/C, he`s 87 and lives on his own. None of his neighbours got one and a good few witnesses knew where my dad lived. I was livid to say the least, they`ll try and get to you no matter what.

• BANE
    BANE

Stop being so paranoid Yellow. I have never been instructed to go out and ¨get someone¨that used to associate with witnesses. I am sure his neighbors got one too. We witnesses canvass the whole street, not just individual houses. It was an invitation to a convention you NEED to hear. It has great information which can help us in these last days.

• cantleave
    cantleave

How is this poisonous literature helping people Bane?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey bane ,

i recieved three invites in one week, the reason was because of my past association

with them, they were people i had got to know personally, and i don't think that

any other on my block recieved this many. Are they out to bring me back personally

YES !!!!!!!!!!!! The first one i got i was not at home, that was last thursday, the

other two invites came within hours of each other on this past sunday, so

i would feel very comfortable in saying that i was targeted and i'm not paranoid

• wasblind
    wasblind

When i was a bible student i was told that the JW"S

are so organized that they don't visit the same HH in one day or week

if this is the case I WAS TARGETED.

BANE

• undercover
    undercover
    I got one shoved under my door and I even have a "no trespassing" sign on my door What The Heck???
    I thought they couldn't leave literature if there was a no trespassing sign posted??? Am I wrong?

Technically, the dubs are to respect the "no trespassing" sign and skip that house. Even though that point is brought out from time to time, it seems that most don't take it seriously or just forget. Some don't realize that 'no trespassing' signs are legal posted notices.

I don't really see the big deal though. If some JWs did just happen to come knocking and wanted to make a prestation or if they left a handbill, it's no real invasion of privacy. Just throw away the handbill with the rest of the junk mail. Politely tell the JWs you're not interested, the same as you do the kid selling magazines to make money for college.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

I agree with undercover, shouldn't be a big issue. If you get one at the door, that appears to not to be hearing your rejection of their message and continues to tie you up at the door, in a true chrisian way kindly say "you have a good day "as you are ever so slowly shut the door on them.

• BANE
    BANE

Wasblind, Your booty needs to come back and to stop wasting time here. Stop being so rebellious.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    stop wasting time here

Not bad advice for you to take yourself, BANE.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I WILL NOT BRING MY BOOTY AROUND A BUNCH OF PEDIPHILES

I AIN'T ASKIN' TO BE F***KED BY A BUNCH OF NUTS, NOW

TIGER WOODS IS A DIFFERENT STORY CAUSE HE GOT MONEY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit