Late breaking and local - San Antonio, TX - older man fondles pre-teen at Kingdom Hall on meeting night

by Jim_TX 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• StAnn
    StAnn

I want to know if there is an update on this case.

Thanks.

• UnConfused
  • nelly136
    nelly136

that this man has been disfellowshipped.

This means that no further contact is made with this person and Jehovah’s Witnesses. In this case, that would prevent that other children be molested in the congregation by this man.

unless he goes for reinstatement.

wash rinse repeat.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

There is no spiritual paradise amongst the dubs as promised in Isaiah in which the “wolf will reside with the lamb” in a spiritual sense. If there was, this pervert and others would not be allowed to even "think" about it. This pales with how my family was treated by so called "loving christians" but only reinforces that one of the teachings that attracted me initially was, in fact, a lie.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Jim_TX

I do not know if your are right either but it totally sounds like you could be. I know from what I have seen with my own eyes that child molesters are given free run of the hall. I am so mad and hurt by what I have seen and the elders do nothing to stop it. I have made it totally known to everyone in the hall now that there are child molesters in the hall, I now know, but the strange thing is that most of the members of the hall hate me for making it known and they have turned toward the pedophile. Yesterday one sister walked right by me and put her arm around the pedophile and his family and walked the pedophiles wife to the back of the hall with her arm still around her. I was just blown away.

This is my last week of going to the meetings as it is the week of the CO and I wanted to make sure I had done all I could to let the members know of the danger there is in the hall. They do not want to know. They love the pedophiles and it is shoot the messenger. If one of their children is molested or raped it will never come to the light of day. My girlfriends niece just committed suicide from being molested her dad was an elder and I am sure it was pushed under the rug the young girl was very depressed for years and I am sure never got any true help. The so called brother who molested her was running around free in the hall. She tried to commit suicide in her teens and finally succeeded two weeks ago. She was only 23. That I truly believe is what the guys in Bethel want is for the victims to just go away. Suicide themselves and they can say the victims are crazy. That is what they are saying about me.

LITS

• KW13
    KW13

Admittedly the story is awful, but read the comments and tell me that the stupidity of them isn't hilarious. They sound like nutcases, they are saying quite awful things but they are also arguing with each other. Priceless.

• loosie
    loosie
    Or it's possible it was the girls fault for tempting the Brother.

Some dumbA** said the above. if a 73 yr old pervert can't keep his pants up that is in no way the 12 yr olds fault.

They are some god d*&^ stupid MotherF&*^$%s

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The churches are used as a sort of cover of goodness that all people who attend are trustworthy and wholesome.

A great place for perpetrators to commit acts of indecency upon children.

Although I think its rare that an act of this nature occurs inside a Kingdom Hall it can still happen just like any other church.

The trouble arises when a group of elders decide to not bring the matter to the police and just DA or DF the individual,

leaving the assailant open to the public.

There has been much said toward the WTS. pedophile policy has been dangerously irresponsible toward the public and that is

accurately true. The churches do not like it to be known that a member of their flock is a child molester.

Not even the JWS.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The "excuse" that he didn't have time to pray has to be the lamest, flimsiest, stupidest excuse I have ever heard. What about silent prayers? Doesn't the Washtowel Slaveholdery endorse silent prayers? That is the kind you use when you "don't have time". Additionally, shouldn't he have prayed for a longer-term solution?

If he did pray for the longer term solution, that is ample proof that Jehovah does not answer prayers. Either way, it is not an excuse, and I hope he gets the book thrown at him. This has to be ongoing--and giving them money is not going to make up for it. If anything, that $20 is "hush money"--and there is probably attached the threat of being disfellowshipped if the victim ever tells on the perpetrator in this case. But, using the excuse that he didn't have time to pray is about the lousiest defense I have ever heard in my life.

I wonder if "I didn't have time to pray" would work in a judicial case involving regular fornication, smoking, or questioning the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The delay between the crime and the report in the paper may have to do as much with the criminal investigation as anything. Oftentimes you will not see anything in the paper until it has gotten to the courts-as this one seems to have done. The 'arrest warrant' makes the statement that he confessed to the crime-which means that they had fully investigated this and queried all the parties before he was arrested. I am thinking that if he did not have a previous record and did not 'rape' the girl, and because of his age-they may have conducted the investigation in a way that doesn't necessarily make sense to us. I was involved with cases where there was a long investigation before any charges were made. In one case, no charges were made even though the perpetrator was clearly guilty. There was a statute of limitations issue. In another, they investigated the case for months and then never brought charges (they had been imagined by a overly zealous child advocate in response to a chubby child's weight issue). Where there is no physical evidence to be found, it is often taken more slowly and an actual investigation happens before charges are brought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit