Weird Prayer at Last Year's DC - GB Worship

by LostGeneration 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

At the last DC I will ever attend in 09' some elder was called up to do the morning prayer. I dont recall him being introduced as a CO or anything thats why I say elder.

He starts off slowly and 20 seconds in I realize this is his moment of glory, giving a prayer at the DC and he is going to take his sweet time. I know the closing prayers are like at least 5 or 10 minutes, but this guy is going to kick off the morning with a long rambling diatribe....

So part way in he gets to the "slave" and he starts NAMING THEM OFF ONE BY ONE.....ya know thanks for Splane, Pierce, Barr, Loesch....so on and so on....til he gets through them all. Then he says "Thanks for their wives, for supporting them.....except for "so and so" (whichever one isn't married, I can't remember which one that is)

I know most active witnesses couldn't name but two or three GB members at any given time. Looks like this guy really did his homework for the opening prayer...

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

A very very righteous man.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

That takes GB worship to a whole new level.

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe he wants to be on the GB too.

• designs
    designs

All Saints Day

• Think About It
    Think About It

This guy will move up in the ranks & priviledges. Sicking bastard.

Think About It

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

So many men worship local elders so they get appointed as an MS or elder some day. But naming the GB one by one in a public prayer?? This takes ass-kissing to a new level. I used to say certain things were "firsts" or they surprised me, but I don't know now that anything these idiots do would make me surprised. A small and mentally ill group of people who have destroyed, bothered, and affected the lives of too many people and they just will not go away. I saw a post earlier concerning their pathetic retention rate, especially their children not staying JW's when they grow up. Hopefully they will die off in a generation or two. That would be ironic. All of us ex-JW's finally seeing the definition of a "generation" being the 30 to 50 years that they have left before there isn't one person on earth who is willing to talk to them at the door.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I saw a post earlier concerning their pathetic retention rate, especially their children not staying JW's when they grow up. Hopefully they will die off in a generation or two. That would be ironic. All of us ex-JW's finally seeing the definition of a "generation" being the 30 to 50 years that they have left before there isn't one person on earth who is willing to talk to them at the door.

Would love to see that happen!

• gotout
    gotout

I bet he had them all written on the palm of his hand. Then after he ran to the restroom and using that hand he...

• White Dove
    White Dove

I don't suppose they even consider the humble approach to prayer that Jesus said to take: Inner room with the door closed IN PRIVATE.

He also mentioned that Pharisees were the ones who liked to use lots of words on street corners in very loud voices so as to get a hearing for their righteousness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit