Best romantic comedies...

by changeling 43 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A lot of my favs have been mention except this one:

• poppers
    poppers

I gotta admit, I love romantic comedies, and I'm a guy. So many great ones mentioned: You've Got Mail, The Shop Around the Corner, When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seatle, Serendipity, Love Actually, About a Boy, Notting Hill, The Princess Bride, What's Up Doc?". To these I will add some others; Bringing Up Baby, As Good as it Gets, 40 First Dates, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Sabrina (more romantic than comedy, but it has its moments).

• beksbks
    beksbks

Poppers list! ummmm Prelude to a Kiss, Talk of the Town, Green Card, Philadelphia Story, One Fine Day, Groundhog Day, I Was a Male War Bride..............1999 version of A Midsummer Nights Dream.........

• poppers
    poppers

Geeze, how could I have forgotten Groundhog Day? I also liked The Philadelphia Story (which reminds me, any movie with Kathyrn Hepburn and Spencer Tracy is worth a view). I am also fond of some of the late 50's and early 60's movies, particularly those with Rock Hudson and Doris Day - Send Me No Flowers, Pillow Talk, Lover Come Back. I'm sure I'll remember others.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Josie, I can't see your picture. What movie is it?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's Moonstuck.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

haven't seem the movie "dave" mentioned kevin kline & sigourney weaver

• changeling
    changeling

I love "Philadelphia Story" too, poppers, and its musical remake: "True Love" with Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

When Harry Met Sally.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

zomg, I love "Moonstruck"! "Chrissy, bring me the big knife!!!" "No, Johnny, I tell ya, I won't do it!"

That movie is infinitely quotable, like "The Princess Bride" and "Young Frankenstein".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit