Observations since the book study arrangement finished

by truthseeker 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

That arrangement was long overdue. My family for sure welcomed the freedom. I noticed many more happy for the combination of meetings into just one evening.

Great idea!!! Many thanks!!!

DY

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

"Do not be forsaking the gathering of yourselves together, but do it all the more so as you behold the day drawing near" So why didn't they ADDa meeting rather than delete one ?

Wasn't that scripture always sited as the reason we were never supposed to miss the Book Study?

Wasn't it a sign of disrespect for J's loving arangements, to view the Book Study as less important than the rest of the meetings?

• rnicole76
    rnicole76

How about cut the watchtower questions down to about 12 instead of 18 to 22 paragraph and questions? Some Watchtower conductor ask so many questions and ask the audience to read almost all of the scriptures in the paragraph...that is torture and cut out the bible reading. What is the point? We can't read the bible without the Watchtower's input. What the hell.... cut all the meetings out lol

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I have made two observations, one the same as YNOT stated, "We feel less close, less like a brethern, more like people who attend the same church , but don't really associate outside of theocratic duties...." I always liked the BS the most, we were like a family group, had snacks, the children loved it, it was easy to comment, someone had found an interesting point or article to show or discuss afterwards, I loved it when the grandchildren did not want to leave untill they had received food (because we used to have food or snacks almost every time and so they got used to it), it was easy to make field service appointments. Now - it is all gone, and the book study is ruined because only studying seven or eight paragraphs makes it too abrupt, the context is lost and before one has gotten into the context, then it is over.

Second observation is very strange: Earlier, when we had meetings Tuesdays and Thursdays, I never could take part in any evening classes (like apinting or photography or languages or whatever), because they always were held either Tuesdays or Thursdays. OK, so the meeting day was changed and now it is Wednesday evening. I look for evening classes, and guess when those of interest are held? Exactly - now they are no more held Tuesdays or Thursdays, but always Wednesdays! Annoying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit