example of dumbing down and outright attempts to control thought in new song book

by elderelite 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I've come to believe that no one wants to take responsibility/accountability for the crapola that's written.

I believe that one of the reasons that they don't want JWs to go to college is that they are afraid that maybe they'll take some english comp courses and discover that when you write something you need to be accountable- esp given the fact that the lit gives interpretations that have physically and emotionally caused harm to people. Also if you take english comp you might learn that sources must be properly cited- another thing the WT is very bad at. They print stuff, you don't know who wrote it, what their qualifications are, and you're supposed to just follow it.

I mean even the stupid articles in Cosmo about how to have a totally awesome orgasm will list an author, and cite sources. You can write to the editor and sound off about the things the writer wrote.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heh, yes, I see your point, Serenity... Anonymity reduces legal liability...

And yeah, demonizing college hobbles the typical JW in SO many ways!!!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Good points, Serenity!

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I don't know about everyone else, but I've thrown out the new song book. Never even been there to sing out of it. I've also thrown out ALL other WT literature. Let's hope my dad doesn't find out

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Pretty soon we are going to have a "governing body" song. I guarantee it.

I was thinking that too...but what in hell rhymes with "governing body"?

• watson
    watson

Wish I had the time to put the new versions next to the old versions and check all the changes made. That is amazing.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

What a crap dude...They are turning more cultish

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I was thinking that too...but what in hell rhymes with "governing body"?

Over my dead body?

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

I think there are several songs that sound like Jurassic park btw, try 63 for example..

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Elderlite, I am more and more thoroughly convinced that WTS is switching to a smaller, more loyal membership base, shaking out the independent thinkers. They hope to hold onto several million long enough to squeeze money out of them, but they see the future and are prepared to be more direct in their control and lose even half or more of the "7 million" as long as the remainder bow to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit