How often does a Wt song run through your head

by Lady Lee 50 Replies latest jw friends

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

All the time!!! I pretty much memorized every single song from Sing Praises to J. I know pretty much every single stanza/tune/variation/etc to the entire book. I also play a musical instrument, and alwasy ended up playing them for the folks. Then again, my whole leaving thing is still kinda going on. My friends and I would play a game: They would say the first three words for any given stanza of any given song, from that I'd be able to tell them the number, name, base-scripture, and that whole line to the song. I even know some of the old ones. Take snowbirds song for example: In sing praises to J, it's song #190 A song to Jehovah: A song we want to sing today......

Make it stop, make it stop!!!!! .

Jedi Master

• snowbird
    snowbird

This song we sing at end of day, a song that will our thanks convey ...

LOL.

Syl

• cantleave
    cantleave

Go to a convention, listen to the crowd trying to sing the new kingdoom maladies, they will never enter your head again.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lady Lee..

Never..Unless someone brings it up..

I know your laughing Lee..LOL!!..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• cult classic
    cult classic

OMG! I hate when that happens! Unfortunately I was one of the born in faithfuls who knew every song by heart It's happening less as time goes on but when it does, I almost wish I had a gun. Every once in a while my husband or I will call the other during the day and say "guess which song I was humming today?" .... lol

Cult Classic

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I've been watching quite a bit of the world cup and noticed that quite a lot of the anthems sound very similar to some of the kingdom maladies.

Is it just me or do others hear the similarity?

• crapola
    crapola

Never!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Scot that feeling occurs with alot of "worldly" songs. I read somewhere that the WT may have plagarized some songs which would explain the similarities to various secular pieces.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"played piano at the KH for years until they ended that. "

Blondie, that is so funny. I took piano lessons when I was a kid from a sister who played the piano at the hall too. I bet I can still play "Life w/out end at last."

Sometimes the songs do go through my head. As a born-in with nothing to compare to, I liked alot of the songs in the brown songbook, I often feel nostalgic thinking about them. It makes me mad that the org is a cult because I can't enjoy those songs anymore.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

almost every day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit