How often does a Wt song run through your head

by Lady Lee 50 Replies latest jw friends

• fokyc
    fokyc

Never, never ever! I never let any of them get into my head, I can't sing, which has been a problem all my life, so I just hate singing and any songs.

An elder once told me I was wasting my time coming to the meetings as I didn't sing,

I stopped going!

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Snowbird that is a moving song. One of the few truly pretty ones. I remember the first time we sang it though, everybody tried to sing the "postlude" after each verse as though it was a "chorus", we had to stop the song and figure out what was happening. I was really quite funny, everyone just standing there looking all confused and angry at the poor sound brother whom everyone was blaming had played the wrong song.

Goldensky. I really liked some of the songs from the previous songbook. The one I mostly grew up with. Especially liked the ones exalting God, I still believe in the Bible and God. So yeah, they do bring nice memories but are at the same time very painful. Just yesterday I was humming 136 Loyal Ones Bless Jehovah. I really liked the music to this one and the orchestral arrangement just moved me to tears every time.

Jedi Master

• goldensky
    goldensky

JediMaster and Snowbird: .

• snowbird
    snowbird

Jedi, oh yes, the postlude.

How happy are - The merciful - In God's eyes - Truly beautiful !!!

Used to move me to tears every time.

Syl

• dinah
    dinah

Sometimes when I'm doing housework they pop in my head. It used to happen quite often, now its kinda rare. One thing I've noticed, one of those songs can run through my head and it takes me awhile to realize it. Weird.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

parts of the Australian National Anthem are very similar to one of the old songs, can't remember which (don't want to), that will start me humming sometimes damnit all (stop real quick)

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Every time I see the title of this thread, a random Kingdom Melody pops into my head.

Gahhhhh!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Jadeen

request thread be deleted LOL

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

just spin that dial and see what pops into your head

When I was listening to Farkel's Dubbsticks I remembered all the words ---- ater 25 years!!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Song 12 - Nice marching song

Then Forward you witnesses, ever strong of heart.....

(Can't remember if that's the 1942 or 1953 songbook)

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit