Thought Control (A simple test for JW's)

by TD 143 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    “Millions now living will never die“ is a concept found in numerous places in the Bible.....AIW

Bullshit..

I`m not interested in your personal interpretation of the Bible..

I`m interested in what the Bible says..Not what you say,the Bible says..

Show me from the Bible,the phrase.."Millions now living will never die"..

And in response one of the elders said to me: “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?”
    So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one that knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation,
    and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:13-14

Nowhere in scriptures you just quoted does it say.."Millions now living will ever die"..

You put your head on the Chopping Block..

Find me the phrase..From the Bible.."Millions now living will never die"..

It should be easy to find for someone as smart as you..

Unless it`s not there..

Because..

The WBT$ pulled it out of their Ass..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

AIW - you are either one of the dumbest dubs out there or there is an agenda for you being here pasting total BS. How are you affiliated with wts? Do you in any way have any connection to wts as in being a hired agent working for wts or any of their affiliated branches or are you a Bethal troll?

• startingover
    startingover

AIW It's really easy to gloss over your posts. You need to separate your comments from the quotes. They all blend together.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"A little advice, Alice: Put your arguments in your own words. Enough already with the copy and pasting. I gloss over your copy & pasted articles trying to find your thoughts on them. I'm sure most others do as well. The reason is that many, if not most, of us here are very familiar with the WTB&TS's stance and reasoning points on these issues. I myself gave public talks for many years and was married to a regular pioneer. I understand how they reason. I disagree with it. I'm not interested in reading reprinted WT articles. Tell us what YOU think. Respond directly. Reference articles if you wish, but don't copy and paste. Any of us could look that stuff up on the CD ROM if we cared to."

Galileo, people here copy from the Watchtower CD all of the time out of duplicitous motives (I could quickly generate a list). Seeking the truth about God is a personal endeavor. Others who have invested their time in studying God's Word can aid in Bible understanding. That's all the information published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is: tools for Bible understanding like “Master the Fundamentals of C# 3.0” is a tool for learning the programming language C sharp.

Opponents of Jehovah's Witnesses stereotype these learning tools into weapons for “mind-control.” If I borrow from the Watchtower CD it's simply to set the record straight as my personal comments are always included.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"AIW - you are either one of the dumbest dubs out there or there is an agenda for you being here pasting total BS. How are you affiliated with wts? Do you in any way have any connection to wts as in being a hired agent working for wts or any of their affiliated branches or are you a Bethal troll?"

Once again I get the Joe Pesci defense as a lame excuse for intelligent discourse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4KR1zVqizo

To answer your question, the answer is no. The headquarters in New York doesn't hire covert operatives to infiltrate anonymous online discussion groups. Another ad-hominem attack in the name of productive discussion," one of the funniest things about this discussion group, but par the course for some here: desperate, intellectually hollow and useless.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Alice - You mentioned 1914-1919. I challenge you to find any scriptural backing to support 1919 or a 4 1/2 period from 1914 as having any significance in any regard.

I haven't observed that anything the society has published was poorly researched.

That is a dangerous statement to make. The Watchtower is filled with misquotes and rhetorical fallacies. It would be better to put it down to poor research, as otherwise it would be an admission of deliberate deception.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    That's all the information published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is: tools for Bible understanding like “Master the Fundamentals of C# 3.0” is a tool for learning the programming language C sharp.

Rubbish. Does “Master the Fundamentals of C# 3.0” take issue with every other programmer's views of the language, syntax etc.?

If you tried to program the way you 'argue' Bible, every program you ever wrote would be stuck in an endless loop.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Alice quoted:

“It was in B.C. 606, that God’s kingdom ended, the diadem was removed, and all the earth given up to the Gentiles. 2520 years from B.C. 606, will end in A.D. 1914.” —The Three Worlds, published in 1877, page 83.

Umm… Alice? I don’t see where it says that Jesus would come invisibly in 1914. All it says is that 2520 years will end in 1914. And they didn’t even get that right. It was 2519 years. No year zero, remember? Please try again.

BTW, Revelation 7:13&14 are set in Heaven. They are already dead!

• besty
    besty
    A little advice, Alice: Put your arguments in your own words. Enough already with the copy and pasting.

No can do - that would be a breach of Rule 5 - cut and paste is your friend.

• TD
    TD

Shall we try again?

(5)

"From its first year of publication, this magazine pointed forward, by sound Scriptural reckoning, to the date 1914 as an epoch-making date in Bible chronology. So when Christ's invisible presence began in 1914, happy were these Christians to have been found watching!" (The Watchtower December 1, 1984 p. 14)

"Our Lord's presence, as shown in Millennial Dawn, Vol II dates from October 1874, where the forty years harvest began, of which he is the Chief Reaper. The date for the final anarchy in no sense affects it. April, 1878 marks the date of the establishment of the kingdom, as shown in the same volume (Zion's Watch Tower August 1, 1904 p. 229)

A. The first quote is contradicted by the content and date of the second quote

B. There is no contradiction between the two quotes

C. Not sure

(6)

"As for the time of Christ's second presence, Daniel's prophecy is again the one that gives the chronology for it. It was figured out as pointing to A.D. 1914 and The Watchtower called notice to the significance of 1914 in the year 1879." (The Watchtower November 1, 1952 p. 658.)

"The proof is quite clear and convincing that the second presence of our Lord dates from 1874, and that from that time forward the Lord Jesus has been gathering together those who have made a covenant with the Lord God by sacrifice (Psalm 50:5) Jesus declared that he would be present in the end of the age and conduct the harvest work, which would mean a gathering work. (Matthew 13:30) The fact that a great harvest work progressed from about 1874 forward is the best evidence of the Lord's presence at the time and since." (The Watch Tower February 15, 1927 p. 54)

C. Not sure

(7)

"For over thirty years before that date and for half a century since, Jehovah's witnesses have pointed to the year 1914 as the time for the end of "the appointed times of the nations" and the time in which Chirst would begin his Kingdom rule." (The Watchtower February 15, 1966 p. 103)

"The parallel to this, as we have seen points to 1874 as the time of our Lord's second presence as Bridegroom and Reaper and to April 1878 as the time when he began to exercise his office of King of kings and Lord of lords in the very deed-- this time a spiritual King, present with all power, though invisible to men. (They Kingdom Come (1891) p. 150)

C. Not sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit