Thought Control (A simple test for JW's)

by TD 143 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Yes! Great quiz TD!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

LOL!

so... the result was as expected i think.

test was not even attempted but rather the perametres of it were de-constructed in an attempt to demonstrate that the test should not be taken in the first place!

• cypher50
    cypher50

Alice, which flavor of Kool-Aid is the best?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Ooh TD, can I adapt/use your OP on another forum? I'd love to see the responses there. I'll fully credit you and give a link to here, of course.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

"New Light". It's the all-purpose answer

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

"The restoration of true worship wasn't an easy task for Charles Taze Russel and his contemporaries. Critics of Jehovah's Witnesses often analyze the early development of Jehovah's Witnesses under a microscope for flaws without looking at the big picture."

Alice makes a good point. How dare we criticize a religion based on it's history! You don't see the WTB&TS coming down on other religions due to their past mistakes, right?

Okay, another quiz alice:

Suppose you're looking at a specimen of bull poo through a microscope. What do you see?

A) Bull poo.

B) Microbes and sh*t.

C) You're taking this out of context!

Now, what happens when you remove your eye from the microscope and consider the big picture?

A) It's still bull poo on that slide.

B) You have been personally studying the bull poo.

C) I'm alice.in.freakin'.wonderland. I count god-time while arguing in behalf of my cult. I'm awesome!

Now the answers to those riddles are both A & B in both cases. If you answered anything else you got it WRONG because, like the WTB&TS, I make this crap up as I go, therefore I have the right answers. Should I choose to change the answers or add other choices (up to and beyond the letter Z) in the future, I would be well within my right.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The good thing about these quotes is that "new light" doesn't apply. The more recent quotes claim that certain beliefs, expectations, and doctrines were in effect at a prior time when they demonstrably (by the older quotes) were NOT.

• sir82
    sir82

You forgot choice (D):

"The light has gotten brighter. The quote from the later source clarifies (or in some cases corrects) the earlier viewpoint."

All the JWs I know would then pick choice D.

• besty
    besty

Rule 5 For JW Apologists - cut and paste is your friend.

AIW - why are you unable to answer 4 simple multiple choice questions with 4 letters?

And then maybe explain in your own words what you felt was the problem with the test?

Instead you used 4,401 letters (872 words), thereby fulfilling my Rule 5 prophecy. Cut and paste is your friend.

• TD
    TD

--Just want to reiterate that I'm not trying to be mean here. I've got absolutely no problem with the fact that the Bible Students taught that certain things happened on certain dates and that these dates were almost all changed during the 1920's and 30's.

This is not a criticism of 'New light."

Neither is it a criticism of the Bible Students, Jehovah's Witnesses, Russell or Rutherford. I don't care whether the doctrinal positions in the quotes above are valid or not. That's not the point here.

I want to see the extent to which active JW's are willing to agree with numbers that don't add up and dates that don't coincide. ( 2+2=5?)

AnnOMaly: Absolutely! I'm genuinely curious here. The more active JW's who give their opinion, the better.

Debator? Bane? scholar? ......Anyone? Beuller?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit