Have become seriously angry ...all of a sudden...

by Lozhasleft 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cult classic
    cult classic

Loz - when I first registered I was pissed as hell! Not a day went by that I didn't want to blow up a kingdom hall! I got great advice and support and validation here. And they were right. The anger does subside and you'll feel a lot better. Part of our anger is that we were taught to suppress so much of ourselves. Anger is a natural reaction to oppression.

Don't worry. You're heading in the right direction. You'll start to laugh soon. Me and my husband were born ins. Sometimes we have ranting sessions that end up with us in stitches laughing.

Cult Classic

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    Part of our anger is that we were taught to suppress so much of ourselves. Anger is a natural reaction to oppression.

That's very true.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Your thread reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE

• ziddina
    ziddina

Loz, honey... What Nelly136 said... Better OUT than still in...

You've got a LOT of life left!!! Take good care of yourself, your health and mental outlook. Start each day by looking at something beautiful... Do something creative each day... Improve yourself - your mind, your health, your future - each day...

The anger will eventually lessen... Or, you could use your anger as an 'engine', to energize you to move forward with efficiency and ambition!!

Zid

(pretty pix for Loz...)

mountains and lake

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thank you all you lovely people on here...the words you've taken the time to write are wonderful gifts to me. I'm just back from a holiday so just catching up with this thread....wanted to clarify...I have a new life a wonderful new hubby and I'm back at Uni (as a more mature student lol) so I kinda thought I'd run the gamut of the anger ...but obviously not cos I'm sure it'll surface again..

I dont think I'll ever heal completely because my family is broken and realistically now won't ever be mended but hey ho...life goes on....

Love to you all and big hugs

Loz x

• StAnn
    StAnn

Loz, oh yes, the nightmares. The rage and the nightmares, do you see a therapist? Often times, these are symptoms of PTSD, which doesn't start up until AFTER you've freed yourself. It might be beneficial to see a therapist, if you don't already, for assistance in coping. My nightmares were so bad that I'd stay up half the night to avoid sleeping so I wouldn't have to deal with the nightmares. You really don't want to let this get a grip on your life, now that you're making a better world for yourself.

St. Ann

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Loz,

When I go through such episodes of anger and emotion, I like to meditate and visualize something like this...

I'm at a beautiful, clear lake surrounded by wooded mountains. The air is clean and the sun is shining. Swans are elegantly floating about the shore and deer are watching their youngsters play in the remote clearing. With all the distress and distractions of day-to-day life gone from sight, I'm standing waist deep in the water, looking down for the last bubbles as I pull Ted Jaracz's head back out of the water for him to gasp a breath and *splash* back under the water until he is near to gone, then *gasp* and *splash*, over and over.

Anyway, I find meditation like that to be very helpful. Of course this is also effective if you replace the various elements with, say, ducks, moose, sharks, boiling oil, or any other GB member, CO, or local elder or other busybody.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lol @ you Billy...will keep it in mind

Loz x

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

StAnn - Sorry I hadnt seen this...thank you for your thoughts...its interesting that I thought now that I was free this stuff would diminish...not so ...

Loz x

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ B the X! As always, you crack me up.

Loz... how about getting yourself a punching bag? You could get a cheapy blowup Bozo The Clown punching bag and then stick pics of GB members on it if you like... or just go with Bozo himself:

Bozo the Clown Punching Bag

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit