Have become seriously angry ...all of a sudden...

by Lozhasleft 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
    asilentone

calm down, you will be okay. Think positive and the days ahead will be better for you.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I know where you are coming from, Lozhasleft, because I am starting to reach the angry stage too. I lost so many friends because they got disfellowshipped as teens or in their early 20's. I thought getting an education was not being spiritually mature, and now I'm suffering for it.

And the list goes on. And I'm mad at myself for letting them still control me to a degree. But, I'm determined not to let it take away any more of my life. I'm anxious to reach the point of being done with this religion once and for all. Unfortunately, a lot of family still-in.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky
    Sometimes I am pissed at the control they had over me and sometimes I am mad at myself for allowing it!

This is, exactly, how I feel.

• flipper
    flipper

LOZHASLEFT- I understand your anger . It's all part of the healing process as someone said. I have deep, abiding anger that my older JW parents ( 85 & 83 ) were lied to with false promises of a paradise and have been duped for almost 60 yrs. in this cult now. I have been able to help myself personally with my anger towards the WT society by putting that energy into positively trying to assist others newly exiting the cult. It's one of the things that helped alleviate some of my anger. I figure- if I can give new people coming on here some positive hope that they WIIL live a good life after leaving the witnesses- then I'll have done my small part in freeing minds and giving payback to the WT society by assisting someone. Living a good, happy life is the best payback we can give them. Hang in there, you'll get through this. You are having normal feelings.

Also- Read Steve Hassan's books. I know I sound like a broken record- but " Combatting Cult Mind Control " & " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering Others to Think for Themselves " REALLY helped me to totally understand the why's and how's of the methods the JW's used to control me. I felt much more calm and serene after reading it. Try it if you get a chance

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What I find hard to accept is that while helping people who have decided to exit or explore the truth about the Borg is both successful and rewarding, helping people decide to exit in the first place is a nearly impossible task. It's so frustrating to see otherwise intelligent people being duped and know that we can do very little to get them started on the road to freedom. Once on the road, there's a lot we can do, but until they start taking steps on their own, there's little we can do.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I understand your feelings, Lozhasleft. This is a great place to vent. Everybody relates.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

We must be on the same cycle Loz........

I've had a weird weekend myself.......just angry.....mad as hell. My family went to one day of the DC...... that always makes me ill.

• wasblind
    wasblind

it's alright to:

GET MAD

GET EVEN

GET ON THE INTERNET

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You got Screwed..

Your gonna be pissed off till your dead..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Outlaw is right. You can channel the anger in more positive directions but I think I will always have some. In my case, so many unresolved questions I have with people that are now deceased. I just have to live with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit