How did you personally endure the torture during the DC?

by whatistruth 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I did the sign language interpreting. I was so busy that I didn't really have time to listen to what was being said - just take it in and sign it out

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Brizzzy, I'm sorry to that you had to endure that. It makes me want to find your mother and give her a what for. This nutty religion attracts people like that, and it makes it okay for them to be abusive.

Fortunately, I didn't have it that bad. And so glad not to be going to the convention this year. I really don't care what the people in my hall think. They can just assume I'm going another week. I've reached the point of not caring either way.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Typically I would end up sleeping through half of it. Toward the end, I would just go for one day and not show up the other two. The last time I went, I had a tape with real music going so I could listen to real music instead of the program. And that was back in 2001.

Donations? I developed a strict value system for donations. I would not donate any more money than Jehovah provided me with equivalent value. He provides zero or negative value, I don't donate any money. It is that simple. I ended up donating zero since 1992 by that system. If anyone is looking for fake donations, I suggest going to your favorite site that has Zero Dollar Bills and Void Checks. Print them out, and put those in the box in lieu of real cash. They get rubbish, and you can say you put something in the box.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit