If the bible is god's handbook for man, why is it such gobbledegook?

by Aussie Oz 112 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Isaiah 65:1 (New International Version)

Judgment and Salvation

1 "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
    I was found by those who did not seek me.
    To a nation that did not call on my name,
    I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'

But you said earlier that we had to ask the holy spirit, and now the scripture that you just quoted (despite Aussie Oz’ request not to use scriptures from a source he doesn’t trust) says that you don’t have to ask for the holy spirit.

Please explain?

• designs
    designs

Auzzie, Calvin became a very sick and depraved individual, people looking for religious answers to life's questions found him appealing oddly enough, but that's religious philosophy's attraction. The concept of a God who toys and baits humans appeals to some.

Don't expect people who have accepted the Protestant version of Christianity to follow your logic or be able to stay and answer the tough questions posed by the inherent contradictions in their world view.

When Democritus came up with the concept of Atoms in 460BC the days of anthropomorphic concepts about god were numbered.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

For fuck sake will you guys stop quoting scripture as an answer to me!

I told you that i do not consider it as an authority so it is as meaningless as quoting mickey mouse to me

so now, how about answering with some logic ?

Ok, now i am calmed down...

I am not making fun of you for what you believe, i too spent many years asking for and thinking i had 'holy spirit'

I am questioning WHY GOD DID NOT JUST MAKE IT A SIMPLE EASY TO UNDERSTAND ESSAY instead of the complicated mess it is. And dont give me that 'test of faith' yadda yadda yadda sort of answer. IF he wanted all of mankind to benefit he could have done it a whole lot easier!

If you cant string together an answer that does not contain scripture, then do what you said and get out of here...

oz

• designs
    designs

Auzzie, don't expect much of an answer from a Calvinist. It's the 'Irresistible Grace' doctrine or some version of it, millions of people have their lips stuck to Calvin's ass............makes it difficult to carry on a conversation.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I did explain in my post already.

If I quoted scripture or not, I explained it was my own experience, just ignore the chapter and verse references if they offend you.

Anyhow, if you want to discuss the Christian God then you are likely to run in this book before too long.

Blessings,

Stephen

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A similar question I was thinking recently is that if the Bible is God's handbook for mankind, why will almost 3 billion people alive never see one.

• designs
    designs

jwfacts-

Don't you get it, people were meant to be in Hell, Calvin's Depravity doctrine, and by his 'selective grace' they are saved from Hell.

What's a few more billion Chinese in Hell.

Yeh its that sick...........

• Chalam
    Chalam

Obviously you are clueless that the church is actually doing very well in China.

130 Million Born Again Christians in Atheist China

Persecution is the key, so key it up designs :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i apologize for the swearing... nothing winds me up faster than people who do not respect my wishes on my threads.

I think that the only answer that is available to defenders of the bible if they are not allowed to quote scripture is;

'I DONT KNOW why god didn't make it a simple thing'.

'I DONT KNOW why he had to make it so mysterious and open to interpretations'.

The simple fact is guys, that if he had made it simple and easy to understand then it would result in what he claims to want; nobody to die. That he chose to make it like a tossed salad implies that he did not intend it to be understood by the 99.9% of earths population.

If it is a case of 'asking' for holy spirit after wading through 2000 odd years worth of writings, then he must have known that only about 0.1% of the world might actually work that little detail out out and get it = not intended for mass understanding

If it is a case of god going 'here i am, hear i am, come get my holy spirit' then he also has done a pretty lame job of handing it out to those that have not sought him as again it seems only about 0.1% of the population seems to have 'got it' = not intended for mass understanding.

Not intended for mass understanding = not intended as a guidbook for mankind.

Now, scripture aside, what is your logic then to show that it is a book that is meant for mass understanding as guide to life and a detailed plan of the ages to rectify Adams sin and 'vindicate gods name' while killing billions in the process if an extremely small percentage of the world can benefit from it?

What logic do you have to explain why it is a book full of visions, allusions, mathematics, prophecy, symbols and other strange concepts rather that, lets say, a simple brochure explaining in easy to understand language why things are the way the are, what he plans to do about it and when he plans to do it?

After all, the Watchtower society, the adventists and all the others of their ilk claim to be able to produce such literature, why not god?

oz

edit; its late... i'm off to bed

• designs
    designs

They were deluded with Mao's Communism and now a few are deluded with sick Calvinism........

'God creates the human family condemed to Hell then kills himself to save them from his own invention'

Some just can't get off of the delusion wagon...., but hey they get to jump around in the video, that proves something

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit