"Life" Brochures: 3 Easy Disproofs

by metatron 97 Replies latest jw friends

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Ahhh, quote-mining....

You left out the best part, the conclusions of the research:

From The gain and loss of genes during 600 million years of vertebrate evolution:

Conclusion: Based on phylogenetic analyses, we show that both the mode of duplication and the
    functional class the duplicated genes belong to have been of major importance for the evolution of
    the vertebrates
    . In particular, we provide evidence that massive gene duplication (probably as a
    consequence of entire genome duplications) at the dawn of vertebrate evolution might have been
    particularly important for the evolution of complex vertebrates.

The research you quote from does not hinder or disprove evolution, but rather it refines our understanding of evolution, and what role gene-duplication plays in it.

The global deluge and creation account in Genesis obscures things a bit. I'd have to look into it further as to whether they really did exist, but land bridges postulated between Britain and Europe, between New Guinea and Australia allows for the migration of various animals to this region.

It always does obscure things when you add variables to your equations like... events that have no evidence of ever occuring.

How is creating a synthetic living cell evidence for evolution? Creating a synthetic living cell is evidence for intelligent design.

The experiment demonstrates that our understanding of life and microbiology is becomming quite good. As T.G. Dobzhansky said "nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of evolution." When you stop looking at life as if it were a machine that was designed, and start looking at it as a machine that evolved - then it becomes apparent why this functions this way.. instead of that.

When it comes to life, biologists are damn smart. I can't create life.. they can. That's some "God-level" power right there. If 99.9% of them agree that the thing they work on every day does not show evidence of intelligent design, but instead shows evidence evolution... that's a powerful opinion.

Let's see, on the one hand we have people who can create life, have completely eliminated some diseases, have fossil evidence, and spend their whole lives on documentation and experimentation to establish fact... and on the other an unclear sometimes self-contradictory book about visions, demons, possession, virgin births, men living inside of fish, and a big ol' boat.

Is it really that difficult to determine which side has their shit together, and which side is full of it?

- Lime

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Great thread Metatron!

• dgp
    dgp

3) Jehovah is Doctor Frankenstein - the whole "Design = God the Creator" fails because it utterly ignores MONSTERS !! So, the Creator designed 30 foot Crocodiles, and Tyrannosaurus Rex and Velociraptors and Horrible Guinea Worms and the Ichneumon Wasp and the Amazing Mosquito - which has a Divine Ability to inject an anti-coagulant and an anesthetic to successfully suck your blood. Wow! What evidence of a Loving Creator!

Many, many years ago, Mark Twain pointed out that, if the fly was one of the results of intelligent design, then such design was stupid indeed. All that work to create a fly, for the purpose of being a pain in the neck and spreading fith. Now that's intelligent!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I haven't quite worked out what 'quote mining' means.

Is that when the quote you made explodes in your face if your target audience reads the whole article????? SYBITT springs to mind.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Ahhh, quote-mining....

You left out the best part, the conclusions of the research:

From The gain and loss of genes during 600 million years of vertebrate evolution:

Conclusion: Based on phylogenetic analysis, we show that both the mode of duplication and the functional class the duplicated genes belong to have been of major importance for the evolution of the vertebrates. In particular, we provide evidence that massive gene duplication (probably as a consequence of entire genome duplications) at the dawn of vertebrate evolution might have been particularly important for the evolution of complex vertebrates.

The research you quote from does not hinder or disprove evolution, but rather it refines our understanding of evolution, and what role gene-duplication plays in it."

This is just a conclusive synopsis of the study.

The phylogenetic analysis and associated gene-duplication events in this study does not reveal species deriving complexity from simpler lifeforms. Feel free to cite any morphology (genetic patterns of evolutionary development) in this study towards this end. Computational biology: http://www.geneious.com/

Geneious Pro is a bioinformatics software platform that is both ultra-powerful and easy to use. Scientists, researchers and students are able to search, organize and analyze genomic and protein information via a single desktop program that provides publication ready images to enhance the impact of research.

Geneious Pro integrates with NCBI public databases. The databases are not piece of cake to follow, but out of personal interest, I occasionally look into public databases for any evidence for macroevolution.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

NCBI creates public databases, conducts research in computational biology, develops software tools for analyzing genome data, and disseminates biomedical information - all for the better understanding of molecular processes affecting human health and disease. The databases likewise contain an abundance of information pertaining to plant and animal life. Searching for molecular Darwinism requires analyzing information stored in the databases that are divided into specific categories such as these:

Nucleotide: Core subset of nucleotide sequence records
    GSS: Genome Survey Sequence records
    Protein: sequence database
    Genome: whole genome sequences
    Structure: three-dimensional macromolecular structures
    Taxonomy: organisms in GenBank

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

My Dad warned me about evolution when I was in elementary school, he said the scientist were misled.. What do you think Alice? what was my problem?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

This is just a conclusive synopsis of the study.

Yes.. the 'results' and 'conclusion' sections summerize the information that the study actually provides or verifies.

I don't see you explaining these things in your own words - just cut and paste. Can you 100% truthfully say that you knew what the word phylogenetic meant before you read the article? Is it part of your daily vocabulary? If you don't honestly understand all the vocabulary - if you don't know what the article is acutally saying... how do you know you are even making an argument?

The article you are cutting from was written by people who understand and work within the field of evolutionary biology. You're trying to say "sub-point hypothosis X isn't supported, so throw all of evolution out" when you (and wherever you copied this from) are very likely unaware of sub-point hypothosis Y, Z, etc.

Just because Newton's explaintation of gravity was only 99% correct didn't make gravitational theory useless, or go away. Einstein found sub-point explaination X (Relativity), which accounted for things Newton didn't - and our understanding of the universe got better.

I certainly don't think anybody - not a single, solitary person on this forum - is going to be swayed by these cut/pastes that you don't have the passion or understanding to examine and explain personally. Lazily "placing articles" with people and having them convert is a JW fantasy - it doesn't work.

- Lime

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Yes.. the 'results' and 'conclusion' sections summarize the information that the study actually provides or verifies.

I don't see you explaining these things in your own words - just cut and paste. Can you 100% truthfully say that you knew what the word phylogenetic meant before you read the article? Is it part of your daily vocabulary? If you don't honestly understand all the vocabulary - if you don't know what the article is actually saying... how do you know you are even making an argument?

The article you are cutting from was written by people who understand and work within the field of evolutionary biology. You're trying to say "sub-point hypothesis X isn't supported, so throw all of evolution out" when you (and wherever you copied this from) are very likely unaware of sub-point hypothesis Y, Z, etc.

Just because Newton's explanation of gravity was only 99% correct didn't make gravitational theory useless, or go away. Einstein found sub-point explanation X (Relativity), which accounted for things Newton didn't - and our understanding of the universe got better.

I certainly don't think anybody - not a single, solitary person on this forum - is going to be swayed by these cut/pastes that you don't have the passion or understanding to examine and explain personally. Lazily "placing articles" with people and having them convert is a JW fantasy - it doesn't work.
    - Lime"

First of all of buck-o, demonstrations of knowledge are wide open on this public network. Bloody hell, quit embarrassing yourself. Is your comprehension anything other than a pathetic, jumbled mass of gibberish? (FYI: I corrected all of your grammar and spelling errors).

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

How about this for an idea Alice?

Use a different font or something so that we don't have to wade through several pages of your pastes to see if you have actually said something yourself.

Cheers

Chris

• Caedes
    Caedes

I think that wooshing noise was every single point and argument flying over AIW's head.

AIW you really don't understand even your "own" meagre contribution to this thread do you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit