"Life" Brochures: 3 Easy Disproofs

by metatron 97 Replies latest jw friends

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"AIW you really don't understand even your "own" meagre contribution to this thread do you"

No, I do understand. Elaborate on your position.

• Caedes
    Caedes

AIW, you have been asked some very straightforward questions which you do not seem able to answer without resorting to cut and paste. You do not seem to understand the articles you quote from. Unbelievable that you need to have this explained to you.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Bloody hell, quit embarrassing yourself. Is your comprehension anything other than a pathetic, jumbled mass of gibberish?

If I am ashamed of my grammar or spelling, I am not ashamed of my ability to do my own research and think for myself.

(FYI: I corrected all of your grammar and spelling errors).

It's a start. It means at least you read it. As you were able to correct my mistakes, clearly my spelling and grammar were not so poor that my points were lost. It would certainly be easy to achieve a high quality of spelling/grammar if I merely cut/pasted from educated professionals.

Using correct spelling and grammar are important to me. Were I not in a hurry I would have proof-read better. I appologize. But certainly from my perspective the most important thing is that you're hearing the sort of questions and independent thinking that the self-elected governing body of JWs forbids. I am just a poster on the internet, you don't have to agree. I wouldn't presume to tell your family how to treat you if you don't share my opinion. The GB apparently does not share such humility.

• If your god didn't want you to think, why did he give you a brain? If your god didn't want you to be independent, why did he create individuals? Why not a collective? Which is wrong, asking questions and independent thinking, or the Watchtower - which instructs people to 'avoid independent thinking'?
    • Why does Human Chromosome 2 contain evidence of 2 fused chromosomes, just as we'd expect if we evolved from primates?

Once questions get in, you must either answer them sufficiently, or pretend they don't exist. Pretending they don't exist, or going on 'faith' that they will be answered wasn't good enough for me, perhaps it is for you.

- Lime

• metatron
    metatron

So, Noah didn't know where Australia was - so he dumped the weird animals off on a mountain in Turkey. After that, the kangaroos hopped and hopped and hopped and hopped and hopped across the dusty plains of the Silk Road and India and Burma and Malaysia/Indonesia and wandered across a land bridge that geologists don't recognize or agree existed 4000 years ago.

After that, they , in effect , said "This is the place" (attributed to Brigham the Wallaby) and stayed there.

Oh, and all the others (wombats, platypuses, marsupial wolf, marsupial mice, and much more) did that too.

The koalas had a really tough time because they feed exclusively on eucalyptus trees. I guess Jehovah did a miracle in which an unbroken line of eucalyptus trees extended from Mt. Ararat in Turkey thousands of miles across Southeast Asia, across the land bridge that existed 4000 years ago and all the slow moving (or barely moving) koalas meandered from one tree to the next.

Ya think there might be an easier explanation than the above? (and it doesn't involve Australian fauna being carried in a kangaroos pouch across most of Asia)

metatron

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

How did platypus evolve in both Brazil and Australia? Are you unaware of Brazilian platypus fossils? How did camels, cane toads, cats, and pigs get to Australia?

• Caedes
    Caedes
    I guess Jehovah did a miracle in which an unbroken line of eucalyptus trees extended from Mt. Ararat in Turkey thousands of miles across Southeast Asia, across the land bridge that existed 4000 years ago and all the slow moving (or barely moving) koalas meandered from one tree to the next.

You missed out the magic time portal that transported them back in time millions of years to when there was last a land bridge to australia.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    How did platypus evolve in both Brazil and Australia? Are you unaware of Brazilian platypus fossils? How did camels, cane toads, cats, and pigs get to Australia?

Easy, Australia used to be connected to what is now South America. Look up Gondwana.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Just wanted to chime in a little more on New Zealand. Black Sheep already touched on it, but this is a really fascinating case study for evolution. Since there was no mammal competition, birds have evolved to take over every ecological niche normally filled by mammals. There are even birds that fill a role akin to moles.

Also, the idea that animals just kind of migrated to where the climate was right for them after Noah's Flood is blown away by observing that when foreign animals are introduced to places such as New Zealand by humans, they thrive. It's not a matter of the poor mammals just not being able to survive in New Zealand, it's that they never got there.

SNG

• Twitch
    Twitch

Rabbits anyone?

;)

• TD
    TD

How today's zoography could have developed in an antediluvian world is an interesting subject, but there are more basic and severe problems that would have surfaced long before any alleged migration could have occurred.

No member of the cat family can synthesize taurine. Taurine is an essential amino acid that does not occur in vegetation. Without a carnivorous diet, members of family Felidae die.

A similar problem exists with reptiles and calcium. Reptiles are extremely poor at assimilating calcium, but make up for it by consuming other animals whole (i.e. Bones or exoskeletons and all.) They tiny handful of reptiles who don’t do this (i.e. The iguana) have specialized diets and habitat.

Genetic bottlenecks leave an indelible mark on a species that is detectable today in a number of ways. For example, we know that the cheetah went through an incredibly severe bottleneck in the recent past. It is estimated that the population went down to around ten animals and cheetahs are now so closely related that tissue rejection does not occur between them. As a result, Cheetahs are much more susceptible to disease than the other big cats, and are currently in decline.

The more complex a species is, the more important diversity within the collective genome will be. You could take a single pair of fruit flies and breed yourself a whole army of them in short order, but most higher mammals won’t tolerate that insane a level of inbreeding. Disease susceptibility goes through the roof and the population languishes. We’ve driven enough species to the brink of extinction and then attempted to bring them back via captive breeding programs to know this empirically. Twenty five breeding pairs is considered the bare minimum.

No virus can reproduce without a living host. Most can’t survive outside of a host for more than a few hours. Smallpox is a good example because of its high mortality rate. The host will either succumb to the disease (i.e. Die) or overcome the disease and be permanently immune. What then? Without fresh hosts, the virus dies out. The same is true for any viral disease where immunity is permanent and there are many of them.

We could invoke the hand of God as a remedy for problems like these (And many more like them.) But once you start doing that, why stop? If we're not going to let ourselves be constrained by natural causes and effects, why not just say that God miraculously redistributed the animals after the flood and have done with it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit