mentions of going to heaven in the Bible?

by AwSnap 67 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booby
    booby

Sorry, I thought only the male species was so speciouis.

• tec
    tec

Had to look up specious. Pretty bad for a writer, but that's what thesaurus's were invented for :)

I just feel that he is either playing games with us with his gobbedly gook or has issues

I get that this is what you feel. But there is a third option, and that is that Shelby is speaking the truth about herself.

Either way, her words are thought-provoking, and she gives much of her time (with nothing in return from anyone here) to give them to us. If you have trouble with either of the three options above, just take her words as they are and respond accordingly - if you wish, of course.

Tammy

• booby
    booby

I totally understand your sentiments and assure I am not being (or at least not trying to be mean) in what I say. But I have been reading a lot of what she has written and even sparred back and forth with her to some extent. I just have a feeling that with her comments being stated as though fact, as in this is the proper way to understand this, almost to the extent of having special insight is to close to the dubs. Maybe i'm just jealous she can ignore the crap that still bugs some of us (me) and do her own thing. Not "trying" to be rude or control what others say, just speaking my feelings I guess.

• tec
    tec

I didn't think you were being mean. I just wanted to offer my thoughts on your thoughts. Re-reading my post, I can see how they might have come off as a rebuke or something. I didn't mean it that way.

Just speaking my feelings too, I guess :)

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

No games, dear booby (peace to you!), sincerely... no mental issues, seriously... and I took no offense, truly... so, no worries. At all. Honestly.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• watersprout
    watersprout

Shelby i admire the love you have for people!

If anyone attacks me the way you are attacked on this board i would flip!!!

If ones don't agree with what you say, then why stalk you and post nasty comments??? Why not just ignore you.......

There is still a lot of judgemental dub attitude and these ones need to get it dealt with and leave honest hearted ones like you alone!

I love reading your posts, they really help me.

Peace and light xx

• Chalam
    Chalam

watersprout If ones don't agree with what you say, then why stalk you and post nasty comments??? Why not just ignore you.......

Agreed. Over to my own stalker...

Blessings,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Anyone who wonders where "paradise" is, let Paul be your guide.

2 Corinthians 12:1-4 (New International Version)

Paul's Vision and His Thorn
    1 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell. Yes, paradise is the third heaven, that is clear. The bible does not tell us where the first and second are but many have surmised I think the revelation Rick Joyner received is correct. The clue being not "where is the third heaven" but "when". For the rest you'll have to read the book ;) The Final Quest Blessings, Stephen
  • AwSnap
    AwSnap

Ok now, this one confused me. Any comments?

John 3:13 (New International Version)

13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. [a]

Well, I'll be darned Chalam....I never looked at it like that. Thanks for the reference. Here, I'll post it again: http://bible.cc/john/3-13.htm

Actually, though, I guess I'm still a little confused. It doesnt say "no one has gone to Heaven BEFORE the Son of Man." It just says NO ONE has gone to heaven except the Son of Man.

• designs
    designs

You see AwSnap after the Bishops got done tinkering with the text............. oh never mind believe what you want

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit