mentions of going to heaven in the Bible?

by AwSnap 67 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Kenneson

What would make Rev. 7:9 so special since they have been doing this all along anyway? The only way this makes sense is that both the 144,000 and the great multitude are before God's throne in the same location.

Why would they need sealing if they were in heaven?

Rev 7:3

saying, Do not hurt the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Rev 7:4

And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousands, having been sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

AwSnap, here are a few more for you:

John 14:2, 3 In my Father's house there are many places to live in; otherwise I would have told you. I am going now to prepare a place for you, [3] and after I have gone and prepared you a place, I shall return to take you to myself, so that you may be with me where I am.

1 Thes 4:16, 17 At the signal given by the voice of the Archangel and the trumpet of God, the Lord himself will come down from heaven; those who have died in Christ will be the first to rise, [17] and only after that shall we who remain alive be taken up in the clouds, together with them, to meet the Lord in the air. This is the way we shall be with the Lord for ever.

1 Cor 13:12 Now we see only reflections in a mirror, mere riddles, but then we shall be seeing face to face. Now I can know only imperfectly; but then I shall know just as fully as I am myself known.

Rev 22:4 they will see him face to face, and his name will be written on their foreheads.

Luke 16:22 Now it happened that the poor man died and was carried away by the angels into Abraham's embrace ...

2 Cor 5:8 we are full of confidence, then, and long instead to be exiled from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

Heb 12:22, 23 But what you have come to is Mount Zion and the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem where the millions of angels have gathered for the festival, [23] with the whole Church of first-born sons, enrolled as citizens of heaven. You have come to God himself, the supreme Judge, and to the spirits of the upright who have been made perfect;

(all quotes are from New Jerusalem Bible)

• tec
    tec

My head always spins when people start saying their Inspired Jewish prophets that are in the hebrew scriptures taught lies from God apparently. We have to find harmony amongst ALL of the bible teachings not try and get them to cancel each other out.

No one said that an inspired prophet taught lies from God. Or at least, I know that I did not. Saying that someone misunderstood what the resurrection fully meant is not the same as saying that the resurrection is a lie.

Jesus corrected many of the things the jews were following at the time - including their misconceptions about the Sabbath, and about divorce.

Tammy

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Another point: the entire Hebrew scriptures aren't prophetic. A LOT of the Hebrew scriptures are histories, some are poems/songs, some are prophecies, and some are oral tales that had been handed down for centuries before being put into writing. Just because a group of bishops decided they're all inspired by God (and conversely NONE of the rejected canon IS) doesn't mean WE need to accept them as such. They should be taken on their merits. "By their fruits they shall be recognized."

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Keep 'em coming. I promise: this is for a good cause. I've got a few scriptures to donate as well....hopefully tomorrow I can go back to the NWT and dig them up

• AGuest
    AGuest

May I respond (may you all have peace!)? Thank you! Several statements have been made that I am compelled to "expound [upon] more accurately," if you will permit me:

Man's ultimate destiny, I believe, is earth...where New jerusalem will be, heaven being the presence of God.

This not fully accurate. Earthling man's ultimate destiny is heaven (the spirit realm) AND earth (the physical realm)... because we will be "like the angels"... who have access to both. As did Adham, initially. New Jerusalem "comes down out of heaven," meaning that it becomes MANIFEST in the physical world, coming OUT of the spirit realm. "Heaven" does not denote the presence of God, for God is IN New Jerusalem. New Jerusalem is His TEMPLE... so that "the tent of God is WITH mankind." God's temple is not made of hands... but of people: Christ, the cornerstone; the Apostles, the foundation; the Prophets and kings/priests, pillars; the rest, "living stones." This City/House/Temple is being "built" by the Greater Solomon, David's "son"... Christ.

If Martha had understood the resurrection surely Christ would have just said, Yes!

Martha did understand the resurrection, so far as that event was known to the Jews at that time. Their hope was in the second resurrection, which John referred to when he wrote, "The REST of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended." My Lord did not inform her of the FIRST resurrection because he had not instituted the Covenant that brought about that resurrection. That resurrection consists ONLY of those who belong to Christ but who have died... when he returns. When he returns, Michael announces that return with HIS voice (the "trumpet" voice of the arkangel, Michael, one of angels of the Ark of the Covenant, who gave John the Revelation...). THEN... those who belong to the Christ BUT HAVE DIED... are resurrected... AT THE SAME TIME... as those who belong to the Christ... BUT HAVE NOT DIED... are changed. The first are resurrected to spirit bodies ("white robes") while at the same time the second group are CHANGED to spirit bodies ("white robes"). In this is fulfilled my Lord's words "He that believes in me and has died will be brought back to life AND he that believes in me and has NOT died... will NEVER die." The second group NEVER dies... because they are CHANGED before they ever do.

Instead Jesus says, "I am the resurrection and the life."

Which if fulfilled by means of my Lord's words that:

"He that eats MY flesh and drinks MY blood WILL have everlasting life... and I... will resurrect him at the last day."

Do you see New Jerusalem/Millenial Kingdom (1000 year reign) the same as the Eternal State?

New Jerusalem is not a time period; it is a "dwelling" place for God's spirit! The 1,000-year-reign is a LIMITED period of time during which 144,000 from among the sons of Israel... AND a great crowed out of EVERY nation, tribe, tongue, and people... rule WITH Christ UPON the earth. THEY... are "New Jerusalem"... the Bride of Christ... the "City" in which "righteous" will "dwell." Christ's reign, however, is NOT limited to 1,000 years. HIS... is an EVERLASTING rulership. He lovingly and mercifully, however, has arranged to share 1,000 years OF his rulership... with his Bride. Together, these make up THE "CHRIST CHILD"... the "chosen/anointed" children of God... and the Woman... with my Lord, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH being the HEAD of that "child"... and the 144,000 and great crowd being the BODY.

Why would they need sealing if they were in heaven?

This question is a bit mislead. It suggests that these are not in heaven, which is not accurate. They are SEALED... NOT for the sake of a "heavenly" hope or an "earthly" one. Their "sealing" has nothing to do with WHERE they go... but WHO they are: the seed of Abraham. The Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, made a promise to Abraham, which promise was SUPPOSED to result in Abraham's seed constitution a "nation of holy people for God." Unfortunately, this seed, as a nation, rejected the KING that the Most Holy One of Israel chose to raise over them. So. God turned His attention AWAY from Israel... and to the NATIONS... to take out of THEM (the nations)... "a people for His name." THESE... constitute the "great crowd." HOWEVER... God's promise to Abraham will NOT go unfulfilled... because there is a REMNANT... 144,000... "from among the sons of Israel" that will ALSO make up that nation. In order to ENSURE that Abraham's seed in included in this "holy nation,"... they must be SEALED. That is why only the 144,000 are SEALED... but they are NOT the only ones how make up the "nation of kings and priests." They are the "little flock" and "remnant" of Israel IN that nation. That nation also includes OTHER sheep... people of the NATIONS... which, too, my Lord must call and which, too, listen to his voice... and TOGETHER... these make ONE FLOCK: NEW Jerusalem.

Saying that someone misunderstood what the resurrection fully meant is not the same as saying that the resurrection is a lie.

Unfortunately, so many here misunderstand what the resurrection fully means. They misunderstand that there are TWO resurrections:

The FIRST occurring when my Lord returns to "gather his chosen ones," both those who have died and those who have not... which takes place BEFORE the 1,000 years (because it is during THAT period that such ones rule WITH Christ);...

And the SECOND... which occurs AFTER Christ hands the kingdom BACK to Father so that HE, the Most Holy One of Israel can judge the dead... which is AFTER... the False Prophet, the Wild Beast... and Satan... are hurled into the Lake of Fire... which is AFTER... Gog/Magog are destroyed by fire from heaven for coming against the Holy City (which HAS "come down out of heaven" and is ON the earth by this time)... which is AFTER... Satan misleads them to do so... which is AFTER Satan is loosed... which is AFTER... the 1,000 years have ENDED." Here is the chronology:

1. A great tribulation occurs

2. Immediately AFTER the great tribulation ENDS (because the days are "cut short")

3. Christ RETURNS... to gather his chosen ones... by resurrection (the FIRST resurrection) and changing... to spirit bodies ("white robes")

4. And thus, a nation is BORN (in spirit bodies)... in ONE day

5. So that the two groups can now enter into the spirit realm TOGETHER, AT THE SAME TIME (they meet my Lord "in the air")

6. Where they are JOINED (in spirit) to Christ... and they become ONE, the "Christ Child"

7. Satan is abyssed

8. "New Jerusalem" (the Bride of Christ) "comes down out of heaven"... meaning she is REVEALED... MANIFEST...

9. And begins ruling with Christ... UPON the earth

10. Which starts with the SEPARATING of the SHEEP... from the GOATS (Gog)... which takes approx. 1,000 years

11. During this time, the sheep are also given "white robes" and granted "entry" to the [camp of] the City; meaning, while they are not a part of the City proper, they are under the protection of and part of the city limits...

12. Where they take part in the marriage "feast" (which comes AFTER the marriage ceremony which is only members of the family: the Father, the Son, the Bride... the "mother" - which the spirit realm in which it takes place, Jerusalem ABOVE - and the "servants of the house," the angelic host... )

13. The goats are "cut off" from entry and thus, "prohibited" not only from becoming a part of the City but eating from the Tree of Life... CHRIST... which is in the MIDST of the City

14. The 1,000 years end and Satan is loosed

15. Satan goes out to mislead Gog (the goats)... and Magog (the SPIRITS hurled down with Satan and others that were not abyssed/reserved in Tartarus)... to come against the Holy City (i.e., the people who make up the temple of God). Why? Because he knows that IF he... and they... can "enter" the City... they can gain access to the Tree of Life... eat... and live... forever.

16. This is NOT true, however: they can't "enter," which is why John wrote that he MISLEADS them. Instead, he actually "gathers" them... to "Har-Mageddon" in preparation for THE WAR of God. Dear ones... there is only ONE such war... and it takes place AFTER the 1,000 years have ended.

17. Satan uses "three unclean inspired expressions that look like frogs" to do this misleading, which unclean expressions come out of his (the dragon's) mouth; the mouth of the wild beast; and the mouth of the false prophet

18. Gog and Magog ARE misled, however, and so come against the Bride of Christ (those who make up New Jerusalem)... and those under Christ's/her protection (the "camp")

19. Resulting in their complete and utter destruction NOT from inside the City... where Christ is... but FROM heaven... and from the Person of the Most Holy One of Israel Himself. THIS... dear ones... is the culmination of "the war of the great day of God Almighty". THIS... is "Armageddon."

20. They are destroyed and the False Prophet, the Wild Beast... and Satan... are hurled into the Lake of Fire... in that order. That is why John wrote of Satan's hurling "where the Wild Beast and False prophet WERE"

21. It is THEN that my Lord hands the kingdom BACK to the Father... who now sits down on HIS throne... to judge. The "living"... and the "dead."

22. He is given two scrolls: the Book of Remembrance, in which the deads of all... good AND bad... are written; and the Lamb's Book of Life

23. And now... the SECOND resurrection takes place. The sea gives up those dead in it... and death and Hades give up those dead in them. They ALL come before the throne to be judged.

24. The Judgment occurs this way:

a. If one's name is written in the Lamb's Book... then one's sins... ARE COVERED... AND BLOTTED OUT of the Book of Remembrance, so that only his GOOD deeds remain. Such a one is given a "white robe" (a spirit body)... and so is resurrected to LIFE. Because these receive LIFE, due to having their sins blotted out BY CHRIST... as shown by their names being written in his Book, the words, "I am the resurrection AND THE LIFE" prove true for them.

b. If one's name is NOT written in the Lamb's Book... then one's sin(s)... regardless of how many or how minimal... remain. Because sin... is sin. Thus, these are resurrected... to judgment. Because they have no COVERING for their sins... they are judge according to their sins. And the "wage" of sin... is death. They are condemned, then, to everlasting destruction, the sentence for which is carried out by them also be hurled into the Lake of Fire. Why there? Because only fire can destroy the body AND THE SPIRIT.

These two are the fulfillment of my Lords words that, "There will be a resurrection... of the righteous... AND THE UNRIGHTEOUS. The righteous to life... the unrighteous... to judgment."

25. Once this Judgment "Day" has been completed, the Most Holy One of Israel gives the kingdom BACK to the Son... who now INHERITS THE KINGDOM FOREVER... and thus, rules... forever. Through HIM... God becomes "all things"... in all. THE kingdom, then, under the SOLE rulership of Christ... lasts to time indefinite. It is an "indefinitely LASTING" kindgom.

I hope this helps and clarifies. It is all there in the Bible, if you need that... as well as in other scripture (not contained in the Bible). But you do not have to take MY word for it... or even look to the Bible. You can simply go to the One in whom all things are "yes" by means of. You can go directly to the Source and ask HIM to lead you into all truth. May the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, so grant it to you... if you wish it... by means of that Son. May you, too, hear that One's voice... and the Bride's... when they say to YOU:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... which water (holy spirit) is now poured out from the innermost parts of the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Son and Christ, of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... and will one day issue forth from his throne as a river... FREE!"

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Hi Aguest,

there is one thing I'm struggling to understand and that is why some will not have their names written in the Lamb's book.

In 24a You state that the ones in the Lambs book have sinned but have them covered, yet in

24b You state some will not be in that book, because even though their sins are minimal they have no covering for them

Why is this, why are some chosen to have their names in the Lambs book while others do not, even though they have ALL sinned?

Thanks in advance x

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Very interesting thread....welcome to the forum Noblelodge...

Loz x

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Before we all get too excited about going to heaven, perhaps we should find where it is and check out the comfort and safety.

Whether there are enough sunbeds to go around. Is the food and wine good? Can we go on dates? Does the air conditioning work and will we be provided with parachutes?

Anyone got a brochure?

• designs
    designs

Believers want to be God...err like God...err just want to fly and walk through walls..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit