Dinner at the Proper Time

by beksbks 140 Replies latest members private

• snowbird
    snowbird

Chopped apples work real good in chicken salad, StAnn.

I like the crisp red ones because they add a nice color.

I also add a few walnuts or pecans to my mixture.

Yum!

Syl

• tec
    tec

bump for NVL.

Also, we're moving soon, and so I don't want to buy groceries so we're living on the kid staples - you know: KD/hot dogs/hamburgers/chicken fingers... Anyway, I just re-read that soup, StAnn.

I am so craving, craving, craving. I think I might have to break my no grocery rule just a wee bit tomorrow :)

Tammy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I'm making St.Ann's bean soup for dinner tonight. With the cornmeal dumplings.

Looking forward to eating it!!

Yum!

• snowbird
    snowbird

The heat is stupifying here, so last night I sauteed okra, spinach, and garlic in olive oil over low heat.

A salad of cantaloupe, cucumbers, and tomatoes completed the meal.

It was good!

Syl

• beksbks
    beksbks

If any one is concerned with trying to be healthy, here's an interesting dish. Bacon and cheese turtle burgers.

fuckyeahfoodcravings:  mondojergens:  “turtle” bacon wrapped burgers thank you for showing me this katie :3

• tec
    tec

BEKS!

Funniest thing ever! Healthy indeed...

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Palm - How was your dinner? I never got to the grocery store :( Maybe tomorrow.

Tammy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Oh, Tammy....so good!!

As you know, we're in week 2 of the "Learn To Run 10k in 13 Weeks" and this was perfect after our run tonight.

I was vegetarian for 4-5 years before I hooked up with my T-Rex now, but we still eat vegetarian 3-4 times a week. This was an awesome soup and the dumplings were perfect!! I put them in the crockpot as we walked out the door for the run, they were done when we got back!

for St.Ann

• tec
    tec

As you know, we're in week 2 of the "Learn To Run 10k in 13 Weeks" and this was perfect after our run tonight.

(45 minutes after reading this...)

Okay. I'm back. Just did my first session of week one. Felt so guilty for procrastinating after reading this. Feel GREAT!

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

Fried/smothered pork chops.

So good.

*hanging head in shame at falling off the wagon*

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit