I saw the Queen today - well sort of

by Lady Lee 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Have you ever been to Boston or Philadelphia Quandry?

Yes, I have been to Boston. I saw Fanuel(sp?) Hall....very old and stately.

It is just that the Monarchy is such a visual symbol of the country, instead of viewing a historic area or reading about historical figures.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Eyemouth in Scotland

Pronounced Eyemoooooooth by the locals!

George

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Got a pic of the Queen that made it onto the front page of a paper. Was on "Queen duty" again recently and met Philip too - he is thoroughly delightful and fair play to him for having a laugh in life.

The Queen works pretty hard for her luxury - not retired yet - still has a busy schedule of visits, paying attention and greeting endless people. I'm sure lots on JWN will have a Queen story and that's a testament to how much she does.

Charles should have been put in charge of all architectural and planning projects in the UK for the last 40 years - we'd see the benefits everywhere. Was at his first official outing with Camilla during their "courtship" - some tongues were wagging that evening

MMXIV

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I have seen Prince Charles outside the Tower of London - we were going to look at the crown jewels.

Governments come and go every four to five years but the monarchy endures.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Princess Anne walked past me in a narrow street in Edinburgh once.

She looks like a horse.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK On Wednesday I saw her back and blue hat. They were at the National Arts Centre to unveil a sculpture of jazz artist Oscar Peterson with his piano

Queen Elizabeth - her back and hat

Then I caught a picture of Prince Phillip getting into the car. He is on the right waving

Prince Phillip waving

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Then on Canada Day I was able to get a couple of more pictures

The Qeen inspecting the Royal Guard. She is wearing a red dress and white hat and almost disappears beside the guards beside her

Inspecting the Guard

Then they had her walk up to the main stage and put her stage left (our right). I thought for sure they would have a place somewhere on a platform but thinking about it with the crowds wanting to see her it might have been too dangerous. At least this way we could see her. Sorry about the quality. I need a camera with a better zoom.

The Queen on the stage.

And after she was up there I left and went wandering through the crowds. But eventually would up in a place I didn't quite expect - on her route back to where she was staying. So I hung around. I was right at the front of the crowd after all. And got the Royal Wave.

The Royal Wave

• yknot
    yknot

Neat pics!

Lady Lee

Please pardon the interruption....

I wanted to draw your attention to the below thread's recent additions in case you missed it...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/174030/2/Public-Talk-Outlines

(hugs)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks yknot

• Deceived
    Deceived

Lady Lee the pictures are good, you really did see her, lol ;-) Its always a historical moment to be in the presence of Royalty. I do believe they are a waste of money but we need some pomp and ceremony in our country. I am sure it doesn't cost as much as the darn G20 summit last weekend.

What History that family has. I am really into British History, especially from the Middle ages. Now that was when Queens and Kings were Interesting, nowadays they are nice proper people. Their ancestors were at times very nasty and murderous people.

Lady Lee I didn't know you were in a wheelchair, I sympathize with you, I just started having to use one this past year, I had no idea how many obstacles there are to get into places. I actually use a scooter most of the time but have to use a chair for the hard to get at places.

Velvet/Deceived

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit