I was thinking that the term "Premarital Sex" is actually making an assumption

by gubberningbody 35 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

He didn't mean one wife at the time (i.e., no polygamy). He meant one wife in the sense that there were no OTHER "wives" (i.e., women with whom they had "joined" in the flesh)... living (because death ends the bond)... or who had not otherwise been "released" due to fornication/adultery.

Thanks for this. I love hearing a different perspective. Something that seems obvious, but has been glossed over because of a commonly held interpretation.

Shelby

Tammy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Yes, Shelby

I always like when you drop in and share.

• yknot
    yknot

Wait...... no I heard it was from the Puritans!

when person got caught in the act minus marriage..... the put them in pilllory/stocks with the 4- letters which stood for:

(F)or

(U)nlawful

(C)arnal

(K)nowledge

• AGuest
    AGuest

May the underserved kindness and mercy of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and the love of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... be upon you both, Tec and Palm... and your entire households... to time indefinite.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm posting this cuz I think it's funny. If the f-word offends, don't look at it:

False etymologies

One reason that the word fuck is so hard to trace etymologically is that it was used far more extensively in common speech than in easily traceable written forms. There are severalurban-legend false etymologies postulating an acronymic origin for the word. None of these acronyms were ever heard before the 1960s, according to the authoritative lexicographicalwork The F-Word, and thus are backronyms. In any event, the word fuck has been in use far too long for some of these supposed origins to be possible. Some of these urban legends are that the word fuck came from Irish law. If a couple were caught committing adultery, they would be punished "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge In the Nude", with "FUCKIN" written on the stocks above them to denote the crime. Another theory is that of a royal permission. During the Black Death in the Middle Ages, towns were trying to control populations and their interactions. Since uncontaminated resources were scarce, many towns required permission to have children. Hence, the legend goes, that couples that were having children were required to first obtain royal permission (usually from a local magistrate or lord) and then place a sign somewhere visible from the road in their home that said "Fornicating UnderConsent of King", which was later shortened to "FUCK". This story is hard to document but has persisted in oral and literary traditions for many years; however, it has been demonstrated to be an urban legend. [ 8 ]

The word "fuck" did not come from any of:

• "File Under Carnal Knowledge"
    • "Fornication Under the Christian King"
    • "Fornication Under the Command of the King"
    • "Fornication Under Carnal/Cardinal Knowledge"
    • "False Use of Carnal Knowledge"
    • "Felonious Use of Carnal Knowledge"
    • "Felonious Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
    • "Full-On Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
    • "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
    • "Found Under Carnal Knowledge"
    • "Found Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
    • "Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" (referring to the crime of rape)
    • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Mrs. JONES!!! What the...???

Ah, well, what can we expect from one who's "got a thiiiiiinnnnnggg... goin' on-onnn..." - LOLOLOLOL!

Peace to you, girlie!

SA, on her own and hiding her eyes...

• gubberningbody
  • inkling
    inkling

AGuest:

there really isn't a thing such as pre-marital sex... spiritually speaking.

What about rape?

-inkling

• AGuest
    AGuest
    What about rape?

You are right, dear inkling (peace to you!)... that may be the exception; however, I may be wrong but I think that in such cases, if the man was "handled" by the girl's father, the man HAD to take the woman as his wife. Which means...

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, ummm, if the man was NOT handled by the girl's father (peace to all!). My sincere apologies!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit