I was thinking that the term "Premarital Sex" is actually making an assumption

by gubberningbody 35 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

...namely that the person is ever going to get married.

Back to what you were doing....

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ever or never?

LOL.

Just kidding.

Syl

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Premarital sex is like test driving a car, you gotta take it for a spin to know it works before you buy it!

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

What if your one of those people who just leases a car and changes every year or so????

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Or maybe it's like a rental car... man, the mileage put on those cars and the wear a tear... yipes!

• AGuest
    AGuest

I can do you one better, dear GB, if you will permit me (and may you have peace!). In the eyes of the Most Holy One of Israel, sex FORMS the marriage bond. Regardless of the license, certificate, or ceremony. So, while a couple may have pre-vow sex, or pre-engagement sex, or pre-commitment sex... even pre-ceremonial sex... there really isn't a thing such as pre-marital sex... spiritually speaking.

Just my $0.02 and, again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Premarital Sex" is so much more politically correct (and shorter) than "sex without marriage."

Here's a story about how a four-letter word was born:
    Back in the days of wooden ships, sailors used to pull into port and find prostitutes and spend all their money. In one port, the king decided to tax this transaction. The problem was that the prostitutes didn't report the transactions and were pretty good at just giving away their services to the constables and avoiding arrest.

The king started having the sailors arrested for engaging in illegal activity to combat the problem. That just led to ships avoiding his port entirely or exchanging goods on the dock without spending any money in town. The townspeople insisted that a better solution be found. Instead of taxing each individual act of fornication, the king set a monthly fee to be paid by prostitutes to get a "fornication" license. Sailors were told that they would not be arrested if the prostitute had a card that said:
    Fornication
    Under
    Consent of the
    King.

Eventually, it was abbreviated and people forgot what it originally stood for.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I learned the story a bit differently, dear OTWO (may you have peace!). The version I learned had to do with European royalty, aristocracy, and property rights.

Back in the day, the aristocracy could only marry upon consent of the king (i.e., the sovereign had to grant permission for them to marry - indeed, he was not only consulted but often involved in the match - which was evidenced by his seal on the marriage "certificate"). This was because, among the aristocracy, marriage wasn't about love but a contract between two families, which "strengthened" the king's (and thus, the country's) "alliances." It was almost always made with those from among the "royal" family... which was actually very widespread (at one time, all of the kings/queens of Europe were directly blood related, even immediate family at times, and their siblings and cousins were the lords, ladies, earls, dukes, duchesses, barons, etc.). It also ensured that the king's land (which was really "on loan" to the sovereign's grantees because if it was not conveyed/sold/devised, it would escheat to the king. Or... he could always strip someone of their title, which removed their right to own land... and so take it back, because it all belonged to him, anyway...).

Anyway, on occasion, a duke or baron, etc., would fall in love with some woman other than royalty, to the point where he might even want to procreate with her (or perhaps accidentially did). Because these women were not "ladies of the court," the lords could not legally marry them (this was so that their offspring could not inherit the land granted to their fathers).

The Church considered these relationships "fornication" and thus, "against the law [of God]." To get around this, the king, being the "sovereign of land, placed in his position by God," or so the belief was... would grant his CONSENT to such relationships, rendering them secularly legal, if not religiously. Thus, they would commit "Fornication... Under Consent of the King" (i.e., they had the king's permission to have these otherwise illegitimate relationships).

Just another bit of trivia regarding the origin of that certain 4-letter word.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

I can do you one better, dear GB, if you will permit me (and may you have peace!). In the eyes of the Most Holy One of Israel, sex FORMS the marriage bond. Regardless of the license, certificate, or ceremony. So, while a couple may have pre-vow sex, or pre-engagement sex, or pre-commitment sex... even pre-ceremonial sex... there really isn't a thing such as pre-marital sex... spiritually speaking.

Just my $0.02 and, again, peace to you!

Cool that you brought that up. That's the impression I get when reading the bible. I just figured there might be tradition things not written that meant this to mean otherwise.

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I just figured there might be tradition things not written that meant this to mean otherwise.

Nope, dear Tec (peace to you!). The Most Holy One of Israel brought Eve to Adam, as a Father gives a daughter. From that point, whenever a man and woman "joined" in the flesh, the flesh "married." The two... became one. Intercourse IS such joining... thus, IS marriage.

Unfortunately there's a WHOLE lot of folks out there (including the false prophets of the WTBTS) who don't really understand what Paul meant when he said, for example, of overseers, let them be "husbands of ONE wife." He didn't mean one wife at the time (i.e., no polygamy). He meant one wife in the sense that there were no OTHER "wives" (i.e., women with whom they had "joined" in the flesh)... living (because death ends the bond)... or who had not otherwise been "released" due to fornication/adultery.

I know this may not sit well with a whole lot of folks, but it's true.

And not that I would say my own hands are "clean" in this; without going into specific details (who really cares?). I have openly admited that I am a sinner. Which is just one of the very many reasons why I share what I do here: by means of the underserved kindness and mercy of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and the love of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... my sins are no longer accounted to me. I KNOW this... because I have been set FREE... in SO many senses... including the "burden" of even considering/worrying about such things any longer.

And what can I give them in return? Seriously, what do I have to offer? Nothing. Not a doggone thing... except, perhaps, the "fruit" of my lips... which comes from my heart's abundance. I can share with others the TRUTH about the extraordinary gift I have received... and that ANYONE who wishes... can receive the "living water" that cleanses, too! Talk about having a load taken off!! Most have NO idea...

As always, I bid you peace, dear Tammy!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit