I was thinking that the term "Premarital Sex" is actually making an assumption

by gubberningbody 35 Replies latest jw friends

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

If having sex constitues marriage... hmmmm I have quite a few wives. How do I divorce them all? In that case I kinda got married last night in the on call room at the hospital. (dangerous and stupid I know, but oh so worth it)

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I have quite a few wives. How do I divorce them all?

Okay, are you SURE you wanna go there, dear Candle (may you have peace!)? Because... undesirable as it may be, I would have to tell you the truth of the matter... and not just something most folks want to hear. So, I'm thinking that we should just leave off this subject altogether right now, as a whole lot of "consciences" might not be able to take the truth regarding this issue. And I am no one's judge or conscience. Indeed, I have learned to NOT look at the things "behind"... but toward the things ahead. In which light, I could... and would... only offer those who wish it forgiveness. Mercy and release, which is what we ALL should do for one another.

But some aren't able to do that (stop looking behind and look only ahead)... yet. So, think HARD before you answer. Because if you truly want to know the TRUTH... I would be obligated... because of the gift of holy sprit that I have received... to tell you. And do so here (because others are now "watching), rather than via PM.

Perhaps, then, out of love for those whose consciences can't take it just yet, we can all just move on.

I leave it to you then and, again, bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• inkling
    inkling
    I would have to tell you the truth of the matter... and not just something most folks want to hear.

Well apparently he did, because he asked. You have to remember that just because your version of reality would be unpleasant and terrifying IF TRUE doesn't mean that it is going to unsettle the vast majority of people you share it with, because for a variety of reasons they do not see you as a credible source for "truth" regarding such matters.

You may indeed end up offending and startling people, but my guess is that this is because people are offended and startled that you believe such things, not that those things might be true.

The matter remains why even still ask, but I think it's most likely pure curiosity and the desire to understand an anomalous brain.

-inkling

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Well apparently he did, because he asked.

Sigh! Greetings, dear Inking... and peace to you. There is, dear one, such a thing as a "rhetorical" question, which is probably what someone would have said s/he meant had I just assumed s/he was being serious...

You have to remember that just because your version of reality would be unpleasant and terrifying IF TRUE doesn't mean that it is going to unsettle the vast majority of people you share it with

You're absolutely right, it doesn't mean that. Which is why I qualified my position with: "... out of love for those whose consciences can't take it just yet..."

because for a variety of reasons they do not see you as a credible source for "truth" regarding such matters.

Ummm... that would depend on who you ask, wouldn't it? Either way, what they consider ME is irrelevant. They will know if the INFO is truth... or not. Whether they choose to hear... or refrain.

You may indeed end up offending and startling people,

I am just a servant, dear one, who wishes to offend... and/or startle... no one. That I know the information will should not be held against me. I know it will because it really is against everything that the WTBTS... and many other "christian" religions... teach on the matter. Thankfully, it is not as "condemnatory;" however, it is quite different...

but my guess is that this is because people are offended and startled that you believe such things, not that those things might be true.

Perhaps. And that very well might be true in your case. But I don't think so much with others. A few maybe...

The matter remains why even still ask, but I think it's most likely pure curiosity and the desire to understand an anomalous brain.

Ummmm... I'm not sure... are you asking, like, out of "curiosity"? If so, my sincere apologies under such circumstances (you're just curious), I am unable to share it. You'll have to wait for another opportunity to understand such... ummmmm... anomalousness.

Again, I bid you peace.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

-inkling

• The Finger
    The Finger

Can God forgive you for this, can he forgive you for adultery, can he forgive you for murder? With Christ all things are possible.

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

In all honesty I am atheist so I don't look for any forgivness. According to the Bible I would be considered an immoral person, but I don't live my life according to the bible and I make no apologies for my actions nor do I ask for forgiveness. I consider myself a person with a high set of morals that are based on love.

As far as the jest about having many wives and divorcing them, well it was just that a joke. I am an adult and the women I have had relations with have all been consenting adults. Sin is an idea created by men.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Can God forgive you for this...

Yes, indeed, dear Finger, He can. Unfortunately, though, those who judge will be judged; yet, so many believe that they are "without sin" and thus in a position to judge others. Again, though, the purpose of the Law was NOT to look at one's brother/neighbor and take note of HIS sin... but to look at oneself... and take note of one's own sin. Most, however, don't know what "sin" really is (yeah, okay, "Thou shalt not..." whatever).

And so, KNOWING what sin IS... is part of that whole having one's eyes "opened." Can a "naked" man REALLY go around pointing fingers at the "naked"... and be without hypocrisy? What, though, if he doesn't know/think/believe that HE is naked, too? Will that absolve him?

My point? A whole lotta folks sittin' in back rooms holding "judicial committee" meetings and the like... or pointing fingers and saying "Oooooh! Look what he/she's doing!"... and judging folks. For things like, say, "adultery." What, though, is "adultery"? I mean, according to the Most Holy One of Israel and NOT according to man? (Which IS relevant because even folks who claim not to believe in God have issues with "adultery." Yet, where did that term come from?)

If "tossing balls" is a sin... isn't tossing ALL balls a sin? Or are we to believe that it's only, say, tennis balls? Or, perhaps, footballs, but not baseballs? Big balls, but not small balls? And, no, I won't clarify as to the puns; might take some of the fun away for the 3rd graders...

Are not perhaps those who do so judge others... even MORE guilty of the very same "crime" in which they judge?

Things that make you go... hmmmm...

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    it was just that a joke.

I thought perhaps as much. PEACE to you, dear Candle!

YOUR servant... and a slave of Christ,

SA

P.S., My point here was not to go, "Yeah, folks are sinners and need to ask forgivness!" Enough folks out there selling that one. MY point was we should all be careful as to how we judge others because we very well may even MORE a sinner... than one we're judging. I'm just sayin'... SA, a foremost sinner...

• inkling
    inkling
    ... and peace to you.

Anyone else find the sincerity of this phrase increasingly implausible?

There is, dear one,

Intentional or not, this seems kinda creepy and condescending. I am not "dear" anything. I am a stranger you are talking to on the Internet.

.... such a thing as a "rhetorical" question, which is probably what someone would have said s/he meant had I just assumed

s/he was being serious...

A sarcastic question is different from a rhetorical question. The Pharisee's question regarding the "7 wives after the resurrection" problem may have not been asked sincerly, but it was still a legitimate problem with the "resurrection theory" that Jesus DID answer.

You're absolutely right, it doesn't mean that. Which is why I qualified my position with: "... out of love for those whose consciences can't take it just yet..."

Once again, it's not that my "conscience can't take it just yet", it's that my conscience doesn't believe you. And I think I am in the majority here.

Perhaps. And that very well might be true in your case. But I don't think so much with others. A few maybe...

This is fair. I can only speak for myself. Lets take a poll... How many reading this think AGuest might be right?

-inkling

• tec
    tec

Anyone else find the sincerity of this phrase increasingly implausible?

No. I see Shelby as a sincere and caring person. Hence, dear one. It is simply a term of endearment, because she does care. She would not wish you ill, Inkling.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit