What Are Songs That You Just LOVE?

by minimus 167 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
  • XPeterX
  • minimus
    minimus

When Did You stop loving me? was a GREAT song also done by Daryl Hall. There's a youtube version of it from 1994 in concert. I groove to that, baby!!!

• mrsjones5
  • minimus
    minimus

Jocelyn Brown's Somebody Else's Guy is one of my all time favorites!

I love songs that start slow and build up to a crescendo.

• purplesofa
  • minimus
    minimus

Purps, you got me in the mood!!!!

My type of music.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Never get tired of the Isley Brothers,

FYI,

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/arts/music/08isley.html

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I listen to a bit of everything but Kingdumb maladies. From classic rock and classic R&B from the late 1960s to date, to the filthiest rap I can get my hands on. I listen to a bit of psychedelic rock from the late 1960s--including the Doors. I also like some of that bubblegum music from the same time period. And disco--including songs that never went mainstream as pop (The Raes' "A Little Loving" is an example). I also like heavy metal from the same period--Foreigner, Boston, and Steve Miller Band are good.

From the 1980s, I like the mainstream pop (including Prince)--especially the music Michael Jackson did. We Are the World and Say Say Say are among my favorite '80s songs. And the heavy metal--and rap--songs I could not appreciate as a witless. I regret that I was forced to let go of many good songs from the period, namely 1984.

And I couldn't leave out the Christmas songs. Among my favorite Christmas songs, which I could not listen to as a witless, are Hey Santa, Christmas Everyday, Christmas Wrapping, Christmas With the Devil (a double whammy as a witless), and Nuttin' For Christmas.

• minimus
    minimus

Love Me Two Times by The Doors

Feel Like Making Love---Foreigner

What's Going On?----Marvin Gaye

Gimme Shelter-----The Rolling Stones

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit