The goodbye I got from a Witness "friend"

by Eiben Scrood 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

So I decided to look up an old Witness friend on facebook. He accepted my friend request but a few hours later he sent me this message:

It seems to me that things with you have simply gone further astray. I can't claim to understand the process which has produced this, except that it is one in which I want no part. While you continue to find more and more reasons to nitpick against the faithful slave and their interpretations, I have continued to find more and more reasons to see and trust Jehovah's holy spirit operating with them. I imagine that any full disclosure on your part to a local body of elders might result in your disfellowshipping, or in you disassociating yourself from the Christian congregation. I consider you divisive and a special threat to my spiritual clarity. Think this is a severe opinion on my part? Read 2 Timothy 3:14, 15. We have less and less in common as I continue to find conveniently timely counsel at the right time for it among Jehovah's earthly organization.

Just remember the "reality check" your associates on here (such as ......) are due to receive, and consider carefully whether this same fate awaits you. I sincerely hope that you come to your senses; you know exactly what I mean by that. Until that time, please respect my wishes and do not contact me again. You'll be ignored.

What an asshole! I can't believe what this religion does to friendships. "Nitpicking" - how about analyzing the bullshit served up by an organization that has screwed up countless lives...

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Its sad, thats how we were trained to respond though. I'd tell him i hope he comes to his senses.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This is why I choose not to get too close to other Witnesses as friends. I learned from my teenage years, you lose friends overnight based off of bad associations, disfellowshippings, marking, etc.. I figured why bother getting too attached to people who I may not be allowed to converse with tommorrow based off of an announcement at the beginning of the Service Meeting. As I've gotten older I've been looking at it from the angle of being leary of expressing my true feelings because of people like this "friend" of yours Eiben Scrood. Even with my family, I cannot express myself too openly. If I can't do it with family, why even bother with the so called Friends. Older I get, the more I say screw the human race. Don't need friends.

• wobble
    wobble

It is always something wrong with the person who has left the Cult, it can never be the Cult at fault. Hence you are "nit-picking" because there simply cannot be anything major that you can object to like :

Changing what the Bible says so the NWT supports their doctrines,

Covering over paedophile abuse.,

Joining the U.N as a NGO. and then lying about the reason,

Hanging on to false doctrines like 1914/9 when it has been shown to them their errors,

Claiming that to follow the GB is to follow Christ and that their words are Jehovah's words

Etc. etc. No, these are just little things, the purveyors of the "truth" being caught in outright lies and so on.

I agree with your estimation of the poor deluded fool, "asshole" suits his attitude. He is no loss.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Nitpick against the faithful slave and their interpertations...Jehovah's holy spirit operating with them...

NOW that's funny, and if the Slave says "Black is white" I will believe them...what a joke...why would you want him as a friend...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Here's a short and sweet quote I'd send to him in reply, and it's ALL I'd send him. It might actually make him think - if he has any brains left that is.

"When our own thoughts are forbidden, when our questions are not allowed and our doubts are punished, when contacts and friendships outside of the organization are censored, we are being abused for an end that never justifies its means. When our heart aches knowing we have made friendships and secret attachments that will be forever forbidden if we leave, we are in danger. When we consider staying in a group because we cannot bear the loss, disappointment and sorrow our leaving will cause for ourselves and those we have come to love, we are in a cult."

Deborah Layton, Jonestown survivor. (Jim Jones; People’s Temple)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

like little children being picked on it the school yard "your a threat to my spirituality!" and then frying to find mummy, pathetic aren't they?

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

I feel your pain Scrood. I too have been rejected by "friends" and relatives, even through I'm only inactive. At least you tried to retain that friendship, if he doesn't want it, his loss. He couldn't even be nice about it, he was very AH-olish. Hugs.

Jedi Master

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

That's a GREAT quote Wing Commander!

I was brought up in it so I never formed many friendships outside. I admit it's hard to believe that friends and family that were so close now treat me so coldly. It's nice to know that the friendships I do form now won't be disappearing if I decide to believe something different.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Humm, it never ceases to amaze me how they mouth the words but do not get the sense of what they are saying:

It seems to me that things with you have simply gone further astray. I can't claim to understand the process which has produced this, except that it is one in which I want no part. While you continue to find more and more reasons to nitpick against the faithful slave and their interpretations, I have continued to find more and more reasons to see and trust Jehovah's holy spirit operating with them. I imagine that any full disclosure on your part to a local body of elders might result in your disfellowshipping, or in you disassociating yourself from the Christian congregation. I consider you divisive and a special threat to my spiritual clarity. Think this is a severe opinion on my part? Read 2 Timothy 3:14, 15. We have less and less in common as I continue to find conveniently timely counsel at the right time for it among Jehovah's earthly organization.

Just remember the "reality check" your associates on here (such as ......) are due to receive, and consider carefully whether this same fate awaits you. I sincerely hope that you come to your senses; you know exactly what I mean by that. Until that time, please respect my wishes and do not contact me again. You'll be ignored.

Well you can't condem what you dont understand, and where do you find reason to trust Jehovahs Holy Spirit? Is this Xfriend of the anointed? The focus is all wrong, again its the FDS, borg, WT...and not what 2 Timothy 3:14, 15 says,

Everything this scripture says appeals for repentence, not judgement. The scripture is applied to the man of God, that he MAY be competent and complete. That word MAY has alwayss been used as a potential and not an aboslute.

Its always painfull to lose old friends, especially those who would lay down thier lives for you, spiritual brothers, this is a sign that Jehovahs Holy Spirit is not on the WTs slave, faithful or not.

When you remove your nose from the "assholes" the smell does go away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit