Horus = Jesus ? I saw a tv show relating the similarities. What do you know?

by blondie 43 Replies latest jw friends

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I finally agree with AIW when it comes to disbelief in the Horus myth...

Can't say that I agree a large number of JW's use the likes of Ehrman or Sanders to expand their understanding...unfortunately, most JW's, do in fact, live in a vacuum.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"If more Jehovah's Witnesses were like you ......

...... there would be less of them"

I was born and raised in the Truth. That's why I'm much more inquisitive to the world around me. Those that come into Jehovah's Organization raised elsewhere are more focused on learning Bible truths they haven't observed anywhere else. There's a difference in what the Bible teaches and today's world. You can't argue with that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Evening TYA..

Actually it`s more than just Horus,that mirrors the life of Jesus..

There is a Laundry list of similar stories and people, throughout time..

The stories are so similar,its astounding..

I wanted to put them on this thread but haven't had the time to collect them..

The Information can be found in a Movie Documentary..

"Zeitgeist"..The 1st one..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Since we are on this topic...................... did any of you know that BAAL is a title, it means LORD. So, all instances of LORD in the bible, might as well change to BAAL. It means the same thing!!!!

• tec
    tec

Outlaw - Most of those god-men myth facts are as fabricated as the Horus myth comparison to Jesus. The makers of Zeitgeist didn't do their homework very well. Or they just wanted to push their agenda no matter the honesty or lack behind their claims. But that would then beg the question of why they felt the need to pad their case?

Tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious

tec,

What organization doesn't pad their case? It's really something to think about. Life is all about wading through bullshit looking for diamonds.

-Sab

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    The Jesus-Horus myth was initiated from a stupid conspiracy film called "Zeitgeist," and inspired by the writing of a madwoman calling herself "Archaya S," and assembled by the "Christianity Was Just An Egyptian Syncretic Religion" kook brigade who are pretty much the intellectual equivalent of the Answers In Genesis nut house. I'm sure it's very entertaining if you're into "The Da Vinci Code," the Illuminati and related exercises in conspiracy theory brain damage. If you care about actual history, ignore this garbage and read something based in reality, like the work of E.P. Sanders, Bart Ehrman or Geza Vermes for starters.

Well said. It is always sad that people go for trash when there is so much good scholarship around.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Some people have no idea what they are talking about. RESEARCH HORUS!!!!!

Zeitgeist, and hollywood Da Vinci Code did not start anything. The internet and access to anything now, is what is starting stuff.

If you research Horus and ancient Egyptian gods, you'll find striking similarities in encylopedias, ancient documents, etc.

As I been saying awhile, something really fishy with how we (general world's population) have been taught history and religion.

You may start seeing it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, if you research Horus, you'll find that he wasn't crucified, he didn't have twelve disciples, he wasn't transfigured on a mountain, he wasn't resurrected after being dead for three days, etc. He also didn't go on a journey to destroy a magic ring, he didn't swing across buildings from spider webs, and he didn't have a nemesis called Voldemort. Who knew that JK Rowling copied the whole Harry Potter story from the myth of Horus! Did you know that Horus (a.k.a. Heru Ptah-eru a.k.a. Harry Potter) had as his companions Ra-Anu (a.k.a. Ron) and Heru-Mejnu (Horus-mejnu, a.k.a Hermione)?! I hear too that Horus was a superb Quidditch player.

This thread is about the misinformation contained in the Horus=Jesus lists exemplified by the OP. Parallels should be based on facts, not on fancy.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Leo', I think I love you x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit