Horus = Jesus ? I saw a tv show relating the similarities. What do you know?

by blondie 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

ooohhhhh

A new store could be called Hors R Us.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Leo set me straight on this after I watched "Religulous". She sent me a couple of pdf books dealing with Egyptian culture, and honest look at these revealed no reality to the comparison that I could see.

I do believe that Jesus was bogus - at least in the Christian sense. There was a man Jesus - a god-man Jesus? No IMO.

I will have to look for the pdf books - email if you like blondie and I will forward them.

Maier's credibility suffers with this one - some of the points he makes, though thought provoking, are lost due to this credibility/lack of good research problem. Too bad. For the concept is good, religion is religulous!

Jeff

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

UH OHHH BLONDIE, YOUR SHOVING DOWN SOME RED PILLS down their throats lol.

This is yet another thing, I didn't mention.....about my post the other day about Jesus and Paul.....when looking at the big picture and 'coincidences'.

There is soooooooooooo much hidden and unknown by everyone, at the same time, it definitely can't be a 'perfect' conspiracy from men for thousands of years!

Also the thread I mentioned why some scriptures say Egypt is God's people, Assyria his sword, and Israel his chosen.

The scriptures having EGYPT in the Garden of Eden

Hope some understand why I'm evasive while getting answers and researching, because what was just posted, could destroy people's faith in Jesus, in what he taught. If there is a lie or cover somewhere, at what point? Is his message true?

The few things I just mentioned, for those who may be shocked if they research Jesus vs Horus, that in the bible itself, may be the answer to this. Be quick to hear, slow to speak. (I also take that as quick to hear, slow to act)

One scripture..........."Jesus having been the savior from the "FOUNDING OF THE WORLD".

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

tec already posted a response to the claims of any potential parallels in themselves.

http://www.kingdavid8.com/Copycat/JesusHorus.html

The gods and goddesses worshiped by the Egyptians give evidence of an underlying Babylonian heritage. The Assyrian gods and goddesses are identical with the Babylonian deities. Do you think it's likely the gospel authors even spoke the Egyptian language? The Egyptian language is a branch of the Afroasiatic language family (minority language).

This tableaux, from the Papyrus of Hunefer, shows Hunefer's heart being weighed as above. In the previous scene, Hunefer is led by Anubis to the judgment hall. In the panel after the weighing, the triumphant Hunefer, having passed the test, is presented by Horus to the shrine of the green-skinned Osiris, god of the underworld and the dead, accompanied by Isis and Nephthys. The 14 gods of Egypt are shown seated above, in the order of judges.

If someone didn't explain this, would you have any idea what's going on here?

You have to study what remains of Egyptian mythology intuitively to see what it even means. What’s being suggested is that Bible writers that authored the Gospels borrowed ideas from a polytheistic religion that worshiped celestial deities, the Sun god Horus (a solar deity).

Matthew was written in Palestine
    Mark was written in Rome
    Luke was written in Caesarea
    John was written in Ephesus

So the four Gospel writers (fisherman) made a trip to Upper Egypt to borrow from inscriptions from Egyptian temples and the Book of the Dead? That’s over a thousand miles.

Apart from the Old Testament and related sources, there are only a few surviving records of any sort from the Mosaic era, mostly in the form of inscribed stone slabs called stelae. (Horus dates back to 3000 B.C.E.) I think the theme of the Old Testament was much different than any of the polytheistic religions in surrounding territories. Jesus in the New Testament had a personality that has impressed people for ages, Jesus was a personage compared to a myth like Horus. There’s also historical evidence for Jesus’ existence from secular sources, not to mention calendars revolve around his presence (B.C.E. Before the Christian Era, C.E. Christian Era). I think the small idiosyncrasies between Horus and Jesus are inflated by religious opponents for self-serving reasons.

The Jesus-Horus myth was initiated from a stupid conspiracy film called "Zeitgeist," and inspired by the writing of a madwoman calling herself "Archaya S," and assembled by the "Christianity Was Just An Egyptian Syncretic Religion" kook brigade who are pretty much the intellectual equivalent of the Answers In Genesis nut house. I'm sure it's very entertaining if you're into "The Da Vinci Code," the Illuminati and related exercises in conspiracy theory brain damage. If you care about actual history, ignore this garbage and read something based in reality, like the work of E.P. Sanders, Bart Ehrman or Geza Vermes for starters.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    If you care about actual history, ignore this garbage and read something based in reality, like the work of E.P. Sanders, Bart Ehrman or Geza Vermes for starters

I thought you were pretending to be a JW, Alice????

Throughout the earth, Jehovah’s people are receiving ample spiritual instruction and encouragement at congregation meetings, assemblies, and conventions, as well as through the publications of Jehovah’s organization. Under the guidance of his holy spirit and on the basis of his Word of truth, Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God’s people may be “fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought” and remain “stabilized in the faith.” (1 Cor. 1:10; Col. 2:6, 7) Surely we are grateful for Jehovah’s spiritual provisions in these last days. Thus, “the faithful and discreet slave” does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight.—Matt. 24:45-47.

It is commendable for individuals to want to use their thinking ability in support of the good news. However, no personal pursuit should detract from what Jesus Christ is accomplishing through his congregation on earth today. In the first century, the apostle Paul warned about getting involved in exhausting, time-consuming subjects, such as “genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith.” (1 Tim. 1:3-7) All Christians should strive to “shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile.”—Titus 3:9.

For those who wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, “All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial,” and our other publications, such as those that discuss the prophecies found in the Bible books of Daniel, Isaiah, and Revelation. These provide abundant material for Bible study and meditation, whereby we can be “filled with the accurate knowledge of [God’s] will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him as [we] go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God.”—Col. 1:9, 10. OKN Sept 2007

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"the faithful and discreet slave” does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight.—Matt. 24:45-47."

This is true, so what? If you think Jehovah's Witnesses are only locked into what the “faithful and discreet slave” disseminates in the way of knowledge, you have the wrong idea. The encouragement to keep focused doesn't mean "live in a vacuum."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Alice..

Your either nuts,or your nuts..

Only WBT$ Approved information is allowed in Watchtower World..

This is true, so what? If you think Jehovah's Witnesses are only locked in to what the “faithful and discreet slave”
    disseminates in the way of knowledge, you have the wrong idea. The encouragement to keep focused doesn't mean "live in a vacuum."....AIW

There is no doubt in my mind,you live in a vaccuum..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

OUTLAW, Were you once one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    This is true, so what? If you think Jehovah's Witnesses are only locked into what the “faithful and discreet slave” disseminates in the way of knowledge, you have the wrong idea. The encouragement to keep focused doesn't mean "live in a vacuum."

If more Jehovah's Witnesses were like you ......

...... there would be less of them

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Alice..

I was raised in the JW`s..

It`s all I knew for a very big part of my life..

I was taught both written and unwritten rules in the WBT$..

I understand and speak the JW Cult language fluently..

I have family and friends in the JW`s..

I am neither DA or DF..I could go back anytime I chose..

When someone like yourself..Trys to tell someone like me,what the WBT$ Rules are..

I know instantly if your Bullshitting or not..I don`t have to go find out..

It`s been ingrained in me from a very early age..

I am a living product,of the WBT$..

Unfortunately..

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit