If you had to lose one of your five senses ...

by sacolton 24 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

To lose smell and taste would be like drinking and eating nothing. I find happiness in the taste of foods. Without it, life would seem extremely dull.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm with ya, sacolton, but at least you won't bump into things or get run over by a car...

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Changeling, you sure about that? I have an uncle who's lost his sense of smell, and he still loves food. He needs his wife to smell raw meats and milk at times because he can't tell when its spoiled or rotted.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Hearing, no question.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You will find the vast majority would choose scent, even if it means losing scent and taste together.

Give a tougher choice: Lose sight or hearing? Still, the majority will choose hearing.

Could you even imagine losing the sense of feeling?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I can't pick one

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I would choose to lose sense of taste. If I couldn't taste how good food is, I would never have a weight problem again. I can't believe anyone would vote to lose their sense of smell. How would you know if you're smelly?

• changeling
    changeling

Yes, I'm sure. :)

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

My husband's nephew has no sense of smell. Never has. It doesn't seem to affect him that much but maybe he just doesn't know what he is missing.

He seems to enjoy eating and seems to be able to taste things.

• changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit