What Are Some "Strange" Beliefs Jehovah's Witnesses Have?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

Do not raise your glass of Guinness and say Cheers!, it's pagan.

My wedding ring is pagan. That's OK.

George

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm trying to think of one that ISN'T strange.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that it would be sinful to save the life of their dying child with a transfusion of plasma or red blood cells.

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

i think it's strange that organ transplants are ok, but blood transfusions are not. I just recently awoke to this one....i find it hard to believe that a harvested heart from a recently living human wouldn't still have a fraction of blood left pumping in it somewhere...i mean they don't stick a hose in those things and squeeze em to rinse em out, now do they??? wouldn't that also then have to rule out heart transplants from being ok? they have a list of PARTS of blood that are ok, but a heart transplant would have small amounts of the complete blood make-up in it.....shouldn't they come out with a friggin Awake article on this??? outlaw the blood, then outlaw the blood pump!

/rant lol apparently i'm feelin feisty today

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Tai chi and yoga are immoral and spiritistic, but acupuncture is a scientifically-proven curing method that deserves coverage in Awake!

• life is to short
    life is to short

Men who have raped children are told to go door to door? How much sense does that make.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

If a woman doesn't scream out for Jehovah when being raped, she committed fornication.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

That you have to stop associating with your relatives when they no longer believe in the religion; or that you shouldn't associate with your "worldly" relatives because they are not witnesses.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

No birthday cake or gifts; but you can accept money anytime.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You have to look like salesman even when visiting the bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit