What Are Some "Strange" Beliefs Jehovah's Witnesses Have?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

My mom had to return a gift of a lawn gazing ball held up by three frogs.The elders said that it was inviting Satan to the house.Bwahahahahahahahaha

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I'm gonna have a Tiger and Lion in the New System....

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

If a woman doesn't scream out for Jehovah when being raped, she committed fornication.

Say what? I've never heard or read that.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I'm gonna have a Tiger and Lion in the New System

Don't forget they will be vegetarian then, they will play hell with your veg garden!

George

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Thus Saith the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses on the subject...

If a woman doesn't scream out for Jehovah when being raped, she committed fornication.
    Say what? I've never heard or read that.

"Is Rape Fornication If the Woman Does Not Scream?"

The answer, according to the WTS at various times, has been:

YES

WT 1/15/64 p.63

http://www.freeminds.org/sociology/women/rape-and-jehovah-s-witnesses.html

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Ahh, 1964 -- I assumed we were discussing actively-held positions. The more recent publications have taken the position that women do not have to say anything or fight back. Also, it doesn't look from that citation that they ever said you had to scream for Jehovah in the sense of calling his name out or for him to come help you, which is how I read the initial comment.

I love pointing out past craziness of the Witnesses, but there's so much current insanity that I don't feel like we even need to go back to the old stuff for examples. What are some other current beliefs that people can think of? :)

• minimus
    minimus

More strange views----EVERYTHING in the OT points to the "anonited".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit