If I never have the internet, I would probably be a dub today.

by asilentone 30 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

What about you?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If 1976 never came I would still be a dub.

We didnt need the internet back then to see they were lying.

They told us they were lying.

Just had to have more than a 2 week memory.

• yknot
    yknot

I would be a dub in deep distress. Another Sister who pops happy pills or privately starts drinking.

• yknot
    yknot

Dreaded double post thanks to phone browser!

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I would be a dub in deep distress. Another Sister who pops happy pills or privately starts drinking.

May I inquire as to why you think you would end up like this if you had not woken up?

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I always enjoyed going to the library long before there was an internet. I think that the cognitive dissonance would have driven me to find enough information at the library in order to break free. It just might have taken longer.

• yknot
    yknot

This is all too emotional right now.

Perhaps when I can calm myself down and stop crying at the thought of what would have happened, the feelings of being trapped with no way out.

I really was a good Witness who loved Jehovah wholeheartedly.

• agonus
    agonus

Well, yeah, I mean, we're on the internet right now, aren't we?

• agonus
    agonus

"I really was a good Witness who loved Jehovah wholeheartedly."

Well, so was I, love - that's why I couldn't bear to stay in any longer. I could not worship my God in spirit and truth. Of course, that love was beaten out of me and now I'm a complete misanthrope. But some of us still stay sweethearts... sounds like you did... good for you.

• agonus
    agonus

"the feelings of being trapped with no way out."

And is this the way a loving God would make you feel... or the way a cult would make you feel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit