The sweet sound of a critic

by Lady Lee 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rnicole76
    rnicole76

he has to be a jehovah witness himself...a young one at that. if this religion is so wonderful, why he is not in it? he has to be a pretend worldly person to make you feel bad.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh I don't care what he thinks of me. If it was going to be any reply it would be to ask what he took exception to but I really have better things to do

flipper. I didn't make the video. It was part of an interview series that Mouthy/Grace, Dr Penton and I did on Jehovah's Witnesses. http://exjwvideos.spiritualtechnologies.ca/ by Kohl Productions. The full version of the interviews can be bought at that site. When I did my interview in 2001 there were only the 3 videos but I know he did some after that.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Lady Lee, I laughed as I read that post. Can't you just picture him in front of his little computer flanked by a "Muslim" on one side and a Jew on the other? Friggin' United Nations meeting there!

Ignore him. We know your quality.

StAnn

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I get a lot of these emails, and eventually I learned not to let them worry me. One thing I found out after having a few emails back and forth with these people is that most lie and actually are JWs.

• steve2
    steve2

Lady Lee, first of all, your You Tube presentations are excellent: You come across as a reaonable, approachable person who tries to be fair yet you don't back away from at times being direct. You are never rude or inappropriate. i think this may annoy pro-JWs: They can't respond reasonably to what you're saying so specialize in making cheap comments. The internet is a haven for cowardly verbal attacks. Your critic sounds like a troll - and a bit of an unarticulate one at that. I'm sure there is no more a Moslem or Jew placed either side of him or her than Dusty Springfiled or John Lennon are either side of me right now! Jwfacts has the right idea: Don't let them worry you. Besides, if it is a JW, he or she is ignoring the watchtower by getting in touch with you - looks like something's coming unstuck with their faith. No wonder they feel the need to hit and run!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My dear Lady Lee,

I don't have a bad word to say about you, but if I decided to make something up, hypocritical would never come to mind.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

techdot is right. This person is young and youth comes with black and white narrowminded thinking.

The real question is why they would even be making searches online to bring up less than complimentary information. More telling too is how there's no confidence in the religion expressed. I imagine the same response being made by the child of a nazi collaborator. No one wants their parent to be seen in a bad light. It's idol destruction of a sort, as if this person were into ancestor worship and you suggested that their ancestor was simply unconscious in death and no longer able to hear or help them in any way.

One thing for sure is that this is one more person who won't ever become a JW.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Lady Lee,

Thanks for putting yourself "out there" to help others.

You face a lot of emotional hazard lots of us dodge by staying undercover. You have the whole crazy world walking past you. Like everyone here said, you are impeccable in your presentation. But it hurts me that someone took the time an effort to hurt you.

It is garbage. Complete messed up human ugliness. This guy doesn't understand the difference between criticizing a monstrous religion and the personal evil of attacking someone as they have.

Thanks for helping us .

Maeve

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks to all of you for your really kind words.

I decided it isn't worth the effort to respond. He clearly isn't open to listening to anything. My hope is that his 2 "friends" actually heard some of what I said and stay away from the JWs

• Scully
    Scully

Lee

It's obvious that this person defends his/her family's "right" to free exercise of religion, but in doing so tramples your fundamental right to free speech and telling the truth. He's not a critic, he's a lunatic.

If someone, in the course of their right to religious freedom, chooses to stick their head in the sand (or up their arse, as the case may be) in the face of your truth, your experience - your sincerely held beliefs - which you have the right to shout from the rooftops if you so choose, then it's their problem, not yours.

It's hilarious to me that the person who emailed you is basically arguing against Lifton's well-established criteria for identifying manipulative totalitarian organizations, and attacking you, rather than the evidence you cited.

You could modify settings to disable comments like this one, but since he went to the trouble of finding your email address, that's probably not an option. Just shows his ignorance - not wanting to comment publicly - but trying to make you think that he's sooooo smart having tracked you down in order to intimidate you.

Having said that, I rather enjoy watching ignorant fools show the entire world what ignorant fools they are. Maybe you could post his comments and email address on the youtube video and let people see him in the fullness of his glory. He's a coward for attacking you privately, rather than posting those hateful comments publicly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit