Are Men As "Manly" As They Used To Be?

by minimus 115 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

"In our culture"----You mean your black culture??

• snowbird
    snowbird

Doh!!

Syl

• elderelite
    elderelite

in the dictonary next to "man" is a pic of clint (with the already noted exception of that paint your wagon movie)

However if you really want clint at his best you have to watch unforgiven. That is a man's movie.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

""In our culture"----You mean your black culture??"

Come on minimus, you know what's going on!. Don't act like you've never dealt with black people before.

• minimus
    minimus

I dunno. It sounds bad. It would be like me saying, "Since I'm white..."

• minimus
    minimus

Denzel is "manly". And one of the greatest actors ever!

• snowbird
    snowbird

You're jealous, aren't you, Minimus?

Syl

• John Doe
    John Doe

"Men" is such a broad term. Masculinity has not subsided, although it is not as prominent in pop culture as it once was. Men live, but you're not as apt to see them on prime time television as you once were. Real men march in Iraq and Afghanistan, fighting for their principles and their country. Real men work untold hours in ER's, sacrificing much of their own lives for the good of others. Real men rush into falling skyscrapers to help people they've never met. Real men stop to help the elderly change flat tires. And yes, they're are plenty of them out there.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not jealous of Denzel.

JD, right on, my brotha.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"It sounds bad. "

There is nothing wrong with referencing culture. It is good to be aware of various cultures so you don't make stupid mistakes. Also different cultures just make life more interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit