Are Men As "Manly" As They Used To Be?

by minimus 115 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Maybe it's me but I see more males act less "manly". I dunno.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Definitely the case with Black men.

Sorry things!

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

Seriously, please explain.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I'm soooooooo manly darling.....pinky swear I am! Especially when I'm wearing a stunning latex body suit luv!

• minimus
    minimus

i believe it

• undercover
    undercover

You've been watching too much World Cup soccer. Watch some rugby or ice hockey instead...

• snowbird
    snowbird

The men I used to know could plow the lower 40, dig a well, build a house/barn, break in horses/mules, run moonshine, kill and dress hogs/cattle. and sire about 1/2 dozen kids - all this by the ripe young age of 25!

I kid you not.

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

I see more nerdy types than ever before with the pretty book look and manicured nails.

• undercover
    undercover
    I see more nerdy types than ever before with the pretty book look and manicured nails.

Call this guy with his manicured nails a 'nancy' and see what happens...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus,

I am glad you brought it up. I don't think this is physical but how they see themselves. I don't mean to offend any man who is reading this but I am just honestly stating what I experienced and what I feel.

When I was in the religion I had problems (or I should say certain MEN had problems) with my outspokenness, independence and so forth. I attributed it to society's problem in general since the industrial revolution where women had to join the workforce. Women were no longer just in the home - cooking, cleaning and raising kids. They were out in the world earning a living - sometimes alongside men. I am an office worker and this is not a male-oriented job (such as a police officer) so I didn't have problems with men at work. But, in the religion I detected that some had a problem (maybe even a jealousy) of a woman who was independent. Some, I think, resented me because they perceived I made a decent salary. This also was probably related to the fact that they pursued poverty following the dictates of the JW religion, which I DID NOT. So, maybe the fact they earned such a low salary made them feel 'less' manly possibly. I thought the religion's preaching of 'poverty' was just plain garbage and I continued to work full-time.

Sadly, in the religion, they had real issues and twisted and perverted the bible teachings in order to enforce rigid male domination. Maybe this is a backlash because they think women in the western world are 'bitchy'. I agree that some of them are.

Because the economy and the world is screwed up and many men can't find a job (along with many women), they are frustrated and start to get low self-esteem. Sadly, it is not their fault but is part of a larger problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit