Are Men As "Manly" As They Used To Be?

by minimus 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Maybe it's me but I see more males act less "manly". I dunno.

Nuff said.

• AwSnap
  • not a captive
    not a captive

I gotta say though--my oldest girl and her boyfriend had a contest to see who could bake the best pie. And I don't have a problem with a guy being in touch with his emotions as much as his pecker.

So, okay guys , what do YOU think has happened to "manliness"?

Mostly women have responded.

But has it been a drag for you?

Has the "man scene" changed??

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

For these guys, life is a drag:

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I love Rupaul's hair and makeup! That next one looks like some kind of deranged killer clown.

• zoiks
    zoiks

That next one is Divine, from Jon Watters' films. He's fabulously scary.

I blame the film industry. The days of John Wayne, Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen, even Bruce Willis are over, and it has have given way to...Matthew Mcconaughey...and sparkly emo vampires.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Matthew Mcconaughey"

Hey wait a minute now. Matthew McConaughey is one of the hottest white guys out there now. He is very manly and sexy.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Define Manly?

Here is where we get into some heavy conditioning as to what is manly. It is an example of conditioning by society as to what a man or women is suppose to be like in order to be womanly or manly. It may be a good sign that there is gender blending and that many are not so conditioned that they toe the line so to speak.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Min,

I wanna kill and dress a hog.

The old primal instincts are are the reason we have a long liniage of being hunter gatherers. Hunting and killing the men mostly did that while the women were good at gathering and more delicate stuff so that they wouldn't abortion or miscarage.

• zoiks
    zoiks
    He is very manly and sexy

I knew I'd get a rise out of a female for that one! To be honest, my only beef with him is his terrible, terrible movies... and the fact that he's rich and famous and good looking and all the girls swoon over him.

But seriously, Serenity... do you see him plowing the back 40 and building stuff? Or... modeling and starring in romantic comedies?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit