Taliban prisoners in Cuba

by Abaddon 62 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""""We should always give solicitous attention to liberty, but what we are struggling to do right now is to discover how 15 steel-willed enemies of the United States succeeded in destroying the two largest buildings in New York and one part of the Pentagon, missing out only on two other probable targets, the White House and the Capitol. To find the hidden enemy will require Yankee ingenuity, and a couple of days off for the American Civil Liberties Union.""""

Go Bush, Go!!

“We all fell down from the milky way, hanging around here for the judgement day, heaven only knows who’s in command.”- Jimmy Buffet

• LDH
    LDH

Abaddon,

Maybe I missed it but did you make any suggestions about where these suspects SHOULD be held?

Myself, I'd like to see 'em released into the general population of any US prison.

Lisa
    Dahmer deserved it Class

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Where should they go?

Well first off, reference has been made to the prison rebellion.

This happened due to incompetance on the part of Northern Alliance soldiers.

Prsioner should not have hand grenades.

Given the reversal of fortunes, US Millitary with hand grenades being held as POW's, they would have also tried to stage a breakout, but, because of cultural differences, would not have used suicide attacks, as did the prisoners in Mushari Al-Sharif (sp?)

So, these are not super prisoners. Fanatics yes, but if they'd been properly disarmed, there would have been no rebellion.

So, ordinary prisoners, military personel, yes, but no super powers.

I think anywhere where they were afforded the rights they have would do find. Cuba is suspicious. Yes, it stops attacks to release those prisoners killing US civilians. Cuban civilians are obviously not as important, I understand that (sorry, that's sarcastic, and not aimed directly at you LDH, just at the 'Not In My Back Yard' posse in general.

Of course, if these people are war criminals, then the UN should take over.

If these people have broken American laws, then they should be tried in court, and held in a special Military Prison as POW's.

I don't even care if it's not publically known where they are for security reasons, as long as the Red Cross can inspect them and they are accorded rights as POW's.

Now, the Red Cross are visiting Cuba today, which is good. Whether the US bow to world pressure regarding their status, remains to be seen.

Remember, the issue is not whether they deserve those rights.

If we start deciding who deserves right and who doesn't, we are setting a precident that such a decison can be made. You might feel it is right now, but what about when someone does it to you, and you feel they are wrong?

That's why they are there, after all... you can't switch the concept of human rights off when it doesn't suit you.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit