"Inspired by Muhammad" Campaign

by leavingwt 61 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty
    Is there a penalty for leaving Islam and becoming a Christian or Hindu?

Islam is the state religion of the Maldives, a tiny island group in the Indian Ocean. In fact the constitution dictates that citizens must be muslim.

At a recent lecture given by a muslim cleric, Mohamed Nazim stunned the audience during questions and answers period by stating that he had chosen freedom of conscience not to follow Islam. The man was promptly attacked, taken into custody, and has been threatened with death and beheading

What an odious cult islam is. I have no doubt the watchtower would behave exactly the same if only they had secular power.

Highly recommend this website by the way...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

cofty -- Thank you for that link. It sounds like The Maldives could really use some 1st Amendment-style protections. From the article you linked to:

The Maldives constitutionmandates that all citizens of Maldives must be Muslims. A December 2009 study showed the Maldives (with a 99 percent literacy rate) to be in the top 5 percent of the worst nations for religious freedom. It is a nation that has been building its criminal law based on Sharia law, and whose Parliament bans non-Islamic houses of worship. There have been repeatedreports on Maldives government publicly whipping of women and the Maldives is in the bottom rankings of nations with a global gender gap.

Can you imagine a country in which all citizens are mandated to be Jehovah's Witnesses?

• cofty
    cofty

I am sure that apostates would be stoned to death. Wasn't there a watchtower back in the 50s or 60s that lamented the fact that secular law prohibited killing apostates?

I honestly believe that islam is a destructive mind controlling cult. Thank god (or allah) for all the members who don't take Mohammed seriously. Its time they had the courage to speak up in defense of religious apathy

• besty
    besty

I want to change my religion and start a new one with me as the main guy.

So did Mohammed.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Personally, I think it's valuable to remember that Islam is where Christianity and Judaism was a couple of hundred years ago. These people seem to be trying to bring it in to today. Why would we fault them?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Regarding the claim that Muhamad was a champion of Women's Rights:

For the sake of factual accuracy: Mohammed knew nothing of 'women's rights' or even of the principles of natural rights or the Rights of Man, which emanated on the continent of Western Europe a thousand years later. And even those did not address the status of women or issues of slavery.

Mohammed knew nothing of these because they are philosophical and political principles of the Enlightenment. Seventh-century Arabia knew nothing of individualism, equality or Locke-Rousseau notions of social contract. It knew nothing of the foundational tenets enshrined as 'natural law' in the US Declaration of Independence. There were no rights for women because there were no collective rights for any but the male Muslims. There were no women's rights because they had no rights to liberty, property or even life (there are many Hadith accounts of Mohammed riding roughshod over women, usually after slaughtering their husbands and sons; and Qur'anic accounts of the words of women being worth less than those of men).

And Mohammed never made it the business of his government to recognise and secure any such rights for women.

So, by all means believe that Mohammed was the coolest dude who ever walked the earth - a great husband, father, warrior and a better footballer than Beckham.

But please let no intelligent Muslim (or kaffir) be deluded into believing that he was remotely supportive of women's rights.

http://archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.com/2010/06/inspired-by-mohammad-womens-rights.html

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I want to be on a T-shirt.

So did Muhammad.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I sure hope they don't kill Carrottop.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear leavingwt...

you said: " There were no women's rights because they had no rights to liberty, property or even life"...

mahammads first wife, who was several years older than him, was his employer! she owned the caravan that he attended on his trade route. she was also the one responsible for having him believe that he was a prophet of allah. when he questioned whether his sayings were from allah or satan she reassured him that it must be allah speaking...she then took him to one of her relitives who it is said was a christian and he looked at his back and found a birthmark that "proved" that he was the prophet fortold in the bible in isaiah 40 (I think) though convieniently the muslims of today who will fight for the authenticity of the koran and its prophet agree that the particular passage that reflects his prophethood have been removed by the jews...(though those that could read it to him probably had access to the same one we have) interestingly mohammad is said to have been quite "friendly " toward the christians and even the jews until they became adament that he was not a prophet of their God and then he turned on them...to say the least.

the koran is not written (or placed in the book called the koran) in any cronological order at all but according to length of sura...in "real time" the last sura that was written reflecting his "present" character and motivation is sura number 9...it is also the one the fundimentalist muslims use when they justify the "need" for islam to be enforced on all the worlds population because it is the wish of mohammad and therefore allah.

mohammad didn't take another wife nor begin to say that allah thought it was a good idea to have more than one wife until after his first wife died.

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

as well...mohammad's initial "contact" was with the angel Gabriel , he said...but throughout his prophethood when he went into a "trance" and made "contact" with his source...that source contradicted in most respects the "short but powerful" message that the angel Gabriel gave in the NT.

mohammad didn't really say anything prophetic or forthtelling...nor was he subject to the OT or NT prophets.

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit