"Inspired by Muhammad" Campaign

by leavingwt 61 Replies latest social current

• undercover
    undercover
    King David may have liked his women, but there is absolutely no indication that he was a pedophile.

He may have liked his men, as well...

But back on topic

That ad campaign is lame. I don't know how they expect that to work, when one can do easy research on Muhammand and Muslim beliefs. But then, JWs, Mormons and Scientologists still gain converts, so who knows...

• bohm
    bohm

Justice T.:

Well, im an atheist, so on another day you might me see poke fun at certain christians who have it coming for them by using exactly those examples.

But this particular piece of insanity especially rocked my boat. I mean, they are not putting their holy book on a pedistal here, but mohammed the person who did really strange things according to modern standards.
    This extatic cherry picking of places where, if you squint your eyes, it look like he wasnt a totally backwards jerk reminds me of how a certain other religion want you to believe that not shitting in the middle of your camp require divine inspiration.

And say what you want about christianity, but jesus, as he is described, was a pretty forward thinking guy for his time. Not a bad person at all. i cannot think of anything jesus did that wold get him arrested and thrown in jail in our time, for starters.

sorry for not being totally on topic, but i think the campaign is a bit of a joke.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    He may have liked his men, as well...

He is reported to have loved Jonathan - platonically, of course.

2 Samuel 1:26 O my dear brother Jonathan,
    I'm crushed by your death.
    Your friendship was a miracle-wonder,
    love far exceeding anything I've known—
    or ever hope to know. MSG

Now, that is true love!

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

What they are basically saying is that Muhammed was NOT ALL bad and neither is Islam.

• undercover
    undercover
    And say what you want about christianity, but jesus, as he is described, was a pretty forward thinking guy for his time. Not a bad person at all.

Yea, I've got no complaints against the legend of Jesus. But those that came later and created religions in his name but failed to live up to the principles that were attributed to him or supposedly practiced by him are the culprits in giving christianity a bad name.

• undercover
    undercover
    platonically, of course.

Your intrepretation, of course

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Your intrepretation, of course

Womanly intuition.

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Yea, I've got no complaints against the legend of Jesus. But those that came later and created religions in his name but failed to live up to the principles that were attributed to him or supposedly practiced by him are the culprits in giving christianity a bad name.

Well, many times, we as followers are to blame for that, even more so nowadays.

In the past when the bible was not avaible to all it was easoer to control the masses with what "god said" than it SHOUDL be now since everyoen can read for themselves what God and Jesus said entirely and not just soem verse quoted out of context or apllied to something else.

• bohm
    bohm

I believe inwhat the voices in my head says,So did Mohammed!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    What they are basically saying is that Muhammed was NOT ALL bad and neither is Islam.

Maybe it would be a little more believable if they would stop rioting in London and spitting on returning British soldiers -

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit